Solved! Roku compability cxa5100

Andrewaw

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
Andew
08:16:58 Okay, here is my system, then I will ask my question Roku Ultra, Yamaha CXA-5100 pre amp, Yamaha MXA-5000 AMP, JVC RS620 projector, control 4 control system/remote Issue is ROKU will not "turn on" when starting up with ROKU as first source. I get blank 'no input" screen. The only way to get ROKU up and running is to switch sources, for example to Appl TV, and then back to ROKU and its up and running. We thought maybe it was an "auto detect" issue with display type in ROKU. I change the ROKU to default to 4K 60hz HDR, which is what auto detect is detecting, which is correct. This not only does not solve the problem, but when I go back into ROKU, it reverts back to auto detect. It will not save any settings and reverts back to auto detect. I replaced the ROKU with a brand new one last night, same issue, so clearly not a dysfunctional ROKU unit. I am able to play everything correctly with ROKU once its up and running, including appropriate 4K and HDR source material without issue. would love some help on why display setting not storing and what may be preventing ROKU from starting up without having to switch input....My concern is a compatibility issue with either my Yamaha or my JVC projector. My installer of my system has similar setup with JVC and different pre amp, and they did not have issue.. so wondering if might be Yamaha?

When connecting Roku directly to projector and bypassing Roku there are no issues

Solution
It sounds like the Roku is on but the Yamaha isn't looking to handshake with it at the right time.
Can you leave the Roku on all the time?
Can you change the turn on and input selection order in the C4 setup?
Can you reprogram the C4 to automatically switch to another input and back to the Roku when you select the Roku as your source? You can create macros to do this with other remotes like URC and RTI but I am not familiar with the current C4 software.
It sounds like the Roku is on but the Yamaha isn't looking to handshake with it at the right time.
Can you leave the Roku on all the time?
Can you change the turn on and input selection order in the C4 setup?
Can you reprogram the C4 to automatically switch to another input and back to the Roku when you select the Roku as your source? You can create macros to do this with other remotes like URC and RTI but I am not familiar with the current C4 software.

Solution