Tiboscus

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014
So I followed this video to unlock the bootloader and to root my phone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TOoXod_rv0

Everything went fine, I unlocked my phone and then proceeded to root the system.
The last step in the video described how to use the superboot batch file.
After doing this the phone did a reboot like it's supposed to.

But then the screen got filled with purple lines who faded to a black screen with a few green thin lines placed vertically on the right side of the screen and one thicker green line on the left side of the screen.
I took the time and effort to draw something in paint real quick:
M5LHlnt.png

I tried rooting the phone before and exactly the same thing happend. I've to wait for the battery to drain completely to get rid of the screen illustrated above.

Help?

fatboyslimerr

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
Are you able to get to the stock bootloader? Follow these steps and try to perform a factory reset.

1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL DOWN KEY for 2-3 seconds then POWER key then release.

2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS

3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to select

Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.

4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)

5. Press and hold the VOL UP key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the VOL UP key tap and release the POWER key

Tip: You can try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck on step 6, try a force reboot by pressing the Power key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.

6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE)

7. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to Wipe data / factory reset and the POWER Key to select this option

8. Use the VOL DOWN key again to select YES - delete all user data and press the POWER key to CONFIRM

9. Once the Formatting is complete, press the POWER key to confirm a REBOOT

10. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence

Tiboscus

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014

This isn't the problem.
The problem is that I'm somehow unable to root the phone.

fatboyslimerr

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
Sorry, I can be accused of presuming you'd bricked your phone. If you don't already know about XDA developer forum, it is the font of all knowledge when it comes to rooting. Check out this post and the section on Rooting. 2 methods at the moment.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2558638.

Apologies if you already know about this and I'll stop wasting your time. (one final suggestion, try going back to stock rom and rooting from there rather than from kitkat OTA rom).