Rumor: $199 Google Play Tablet by Asus Will Have Tegra 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenyee

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2006
If it's $199 w/ a good IPS screen, I'm in.
The Kindle Fire has a crappier screen than the Nook Color/Tablet but no one seems to care because it's tied into Amazon's ecosystem... :p

G

Good deal all around. ASUS is an awesome brand. Have a motherboard, monitor, and their TF101 tablet. Rock solid and reliable

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]jaber2[/nom]$199 for 7 no thanks, gota do better[/citation]
Are you kidding me...?
I'd like to see you do better, or any company for that matter.

I can't believe you think $199 is asking too much for this kind of tablet especially considering the specifications. I know, KNOW I'm going to buy one right away because it's such a good deal.

While I have one of these, enjoy your $100 300MHz Pioneer tablet that crashes when you launch the browser.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
After having multiple Transformer Primes plagued with quality and usability issues I hope Asus can do better for Google. I'll stick with what you guys affectionately call "iCrap" until something really competes on ALL fronts. ...user experience and build quality included.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]kenyee[/nom]If it's $199 w/ a good IPS screen, I'm in.The Kindle Fire has a crappier screen than the Nook Color/Tablet but no one seems to care because it's tied into Amazon's ecosystem... :p[/citation]

Ecosystem makes a huge difference for most consumers and it also creates loyalty.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]Halcyon[/nom]After having multiple Transformer Primes plagued with quality and usability issues I hope Asus can do better for Google. I'll stick with what you guys affectionately call "iCrap" until something really competes on ALL fronts. ...user experience and build quality included.[/citation]
You need a TF101. Now it has ICS, too. Mine is rock-stable and fast as hell. And the KB dock is priceless.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]You need a TF101. Now it has ICS, too. Mine is rock-stable and fast as hell. And the KB dock is priceless.[/citation]

I really like how svelte the TF201 is. However, I hope Asus can get its quality control issues resolved. In 2012 dead and stuck pixels aren't a good selling point...but apparently Asus didn't get that memo.

wopr11

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
I wouldn't use a google tablet even if they were giving them away for free - why? The spy on you 24/7, copy all your data to your servers, do with it anything they want, and give you biased advertisements so that they can make more money out of you. I will keep the kindle fire thank you very much.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]mr_wobbles[/nom]@Halcyon Dont be hatin playa, just add bacon strips C= No really, I would rather have a TF than any Ipad.[/citation]

LOL, I really wanted to like the Transformer Prime. I mean spec-wise and form-factor-wise its the F-22. ...but I'd rather have a perfect F-15E than rather flawed F-22A. ...combat aviation analogies aside I not the absence of the customization of the TF-Prime but I love that the iPad just works precisely as intended, is simple to use, and has no hardware defects I can detect.

I really don't understand why Asus can produce a flawless LCD panel like Apple does (yes folks, I know that neither of them is actually producing the panels themselves, but I sure you understand).

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]And they will also probably be better, provided you don't need iCrap's hyped screen resolution, which 98% of users have no use for.[/citation]

You guys do realize that you're prejudiced right against Apple products right?

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]lemon88[/nom]Wow, seems really amazing! But Im waiting for the iPad 3-rd gen so long time! And have already got many apps papered for it! Such as this iPad spot: http://www.ifunia.com/ipad-column/index.html Which one should I decide to buy? If I have enough budget I would like to buy the two![/citation]

The 32GB seems to be the sweet-spot but I ordered the 64GB. One thing that I've read is that apps optimized for the new high-res display will be significantly larger than than those optimized for the 1024x768 display. ...you could use that as an excuse to justify staying away from the 16GB model.

Though I know the new display won't look quite as nice as that on the iPhone 4 I'm anxious to see how it compares to the 1280x800 that is the best on all other tablets.

Status
Not open for further replies.