Rumor: Google Already Shipping Nexus Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Unlike Microsoft's Surface, this is a tablet that knows what it is. Now if only phones with comparable features (+3G & LTE) would be as reasonably priced.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]Unlike Microsoft's Surface, this is a tablet that will be indistiguishable from every other Android tablet[/citation]
Fixed that for ya!

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Fixed that for ya![/citation]

Except you get Tegra 3 and 720p on 7" for less than $200. It may not be innovative, but it looks like a solid product.

phatboe

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
Please don't compare Surface to Nexus tablets. Surface is a ~$500(ARM) ~$1200(x86) tablet while the Nexus is a ~$200 tablet (all prices estimated). These tablets have different target audiences and will not directly compete with one another.

jurkey

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
This is what we've been waiting for, if we wanted an ipad killer we would've ordered an axe. Just hope 2million will be enough for the first run,don't want to hafta wait for the second batch. HAPPY NEXUS EVERYBODY.

bentonsl_2010

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
a working version of Google's Chrome browser running on Android 4.1 "Ice Cream Sandwich."

Running on Android 4.1 "Ice Cream Sandwich."

Android 4.1 "Ice Cream Sandwich."

4.1 is "Jelly Bean" FYI

mrpijey

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
Meh, another crippled Android tablet. I am still waiting for a tablet with some high end stuff in it encased in a high quality casing. Usually it's either plastic fantastic with decent hardware, or it's crippleware with a rub off sticker on top... Too bad Samsung bothed their Galaxy Tab, does anyone know any GOOD Android tablet? One that can expect updates during its warranty and that doesn't fall apart in your hand?

What we need is a decent sized tablet with a stylish and clean shell that isn't covered in cracking plastic. And one that actually works without micro lags or half-assed glue-on UIs on top that are buggy and slow. Something usable that will last.

farensabri

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
In general, I don't think a rear camera is that practical for tablets, but the front facing camera could be useful for a quick video chat. Removing the rear camera to reduce the overall production cost is a good move.

Besides, snapping with a tablet looks like an idiot.

G

Android is a joke, has always been a joke, and will only be available on free phones on Boost Mobile in a few years (those are the only people that currently use it anyway).

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]BOOSTER_GOLD9999[/nom]Android is a joke, has always been a joke, and will only be available on free phones on Boost Mobile in a few years (those are the only people that currently use it anyway).[/citation]

Meanwhile at Microsoft, they're celebrating Windows Phone breaking 2% usage share after 16 months.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
[citation][nom]phatboe[/nom]Please don't compare Surface to Nexus tablets. Surface is a ~$500(ARM) ~$1200(x86) tablet while the Nexus is a ~$200 tablet (all prices estimated). These tablets have different target audiences and will not directly compete with one another.[/citation]
I'm guessing Surface will be closer to $599/$999. Ultrabooks were listed as a price comparison for the Pro model, and by a rule they have to start at less than $1k.

Still, I've been planning to buy a laptop or tablet later this year, and Surface looks like it will fit the bill of what I want very nicely. I'll gladly shell out $1k for it if it performs half as well as I expect it to (seriously, it's Ivy Bridge, that thing is going to scream).

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]BOOSTER_GOLD9999[/nom]Android is a joke, has always been a joke, and will only be available on free phones on Boost Mobile in a few years (those are the only people that currently use it anyway).[/citation]
Boost must be sitting happy then, with over half the smartphones on the planet being on their network and all.....

Status
Not open for further replies.