Rumor: iPhone 5, iPad Mini, New iPods Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeatOman

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
The iPhone 4 has a few more flaws then just the antenna. My friend had a full plastic cover over the back of the phone, but when he dropped it flat on its back the glass still shattered!!! I was thinking about getting it until i held it in my hands... the first thing i thought was its way to dense. Witch it turned out that i was right. BTW the back glass also scratched very easily with just dust between it and any case it had placed over the back. Also the phone has the glass corners way to close to the edge, where the week point of glass is! IMO the antenna is the least of concerns. The phone is like a beautiful smart woman, that had a frontal lobotomy due to malignant cancer and has 6 months to live. The antenna thing is like a funny looking toe on nice legs, you wont really mind unless you think about it WAY to much.

I got a Galaxy S phone instead, 14% lighter and 4" is really not to big :) i even forget its in my pocket! Battery is very similar to the iphone but looses out because the screen sucks up more juice, after all they have almost the same processor (SOC), gyroscope, and battery. So i choose the one with a nicer(IMO) bigger screen, that seamed to be able to take more abuse.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]PhantomTrooper[/nom]Isn't an Ipad mini just an Ipod touch, which they already have...[/citation]

No, an iPad mini is an iPod medium.

They should stop using the name iPad and start using iPod Touch Mini, iPod Touch Medium and iPod Touch Large.

safcmanfr

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
News Flash: Steve Jobs has declared that the iPad is not too big to fit in a pocket, but that pockets are in fact too small for the iPad.

in other news: iLounge reports that, from its usually reliable sources, Apple are about to launch an iJacket with iPockets which are 10" wide and 10" deep. Expected launch price is $500, but Steve Jobs thinks that is fair, as you get the pretty Apple logo on the iJacket collar.

insider3

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Smart company. Create a phone with a ****** antenna design. Sell millions. Create a new phone months later; have everyone switch, and sell more.

the last resort

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008
So, the iPhone 5 is really just an iPhone 4, the iPad mini is just like the original iPad in that its just an iPod touch (except for the all important size), and the new iPod's are basically renamed iPods of old.

I see what you did there Apple.

Stryter

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
[citation][nom]PhantomTrooper[/nom]Isn't an Ipad mini just an Ipod touch, which they already have...[/citation]

Shhhhhhh, *whispers* yes, it is just an ipod touch, but the fanbois don't know that.

G

Releasing an iphone5 that soon would leave apple open to a US class action suite, claiming that apple knew the i4 had multiple flaws that required a redesign and should have been recalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.