Rumor: WinMo 7 'Zune Phones' From HTC and LG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
Looks pretty good. Personally, I have been using WinMo 6.5 on my HTC Touch. And find it pretty good. Still lags behind apples i Phone though, Which has been out for a while. If the new WinMo 7 has an interface close to apples. I'll be in.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
'a 3.8-inch AMOLED 1280 x 720 WXGA display on the LG Apollo'

so this will cost how many thousands of dollars?

i don't believe thats even possible for a consumer device. though ill be happily surprised if it turns out to be true.

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
I think these "specs" seem just slightly stupid. They probably originated from a forum poster who doubled or quadrupled the specs of an existing device and wished for a new device to have those specs.

More than once have I seen optimistic posters say something about an HD #870 with (some multiple of 1600, 800, 3200, etc) SPUs.

Besides, I have never heard of a 10mp camera.... and I see no reason for one to be developed. We already have a fairly mainstream 8mp camera (well, mainstream among the newer sony ericsson phones) and the high-end 12mp cameras on the Satio and some other phones that I do not care about. More than likely, the "lower" end device will be released with a 854x480 screen and the high end device will get a 1024x600/576/480 screen (I hope 576 for some true widescreen goodness)

G

Great to see these newfangled new phones, which will replace the old Windows Mobile phones.

But the stores are still full of the old Windows Phones, running OS 6.5. Now we know about the new OS to come out soon, these current Windows Mobile phones will be obsolete.

Makes me more likely to buy an Android phone, and not have all that uncertainty that surrounds Windows Mobile.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I'm doubting the whole Zunephone aspect. Look at Google and the Nexus One. Trying to sell an operating system then backing your own phones doesn't sit right with manufacturers left out. This would only hurt WinMo not help it.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Don't care about HD video. I only care about HD audio. Listen closely MS! Give us multiple micro card readers. Give us highq DACs and make sure it plays all of the losless crazy formats (flac 24bit 192khz). If it does, I'm in.

socalboomer

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]man i wish the phone companies allowed you to upgrade the OS on current phones[/citation]
Blackberries do. . . :D

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
[citation][nom]dimar[/nom]Don't care about HD video. I only care about HD audio. Listen closely MS! Give us multiple micro card readers. Give us highq DACs and make sure it plays all of the losless crazy formats (flac 24bit 192khz). If it does, I'm in.[/citation]

pfffffft! a microsoft device that supports a half way decent format???? nonsense! it will only support WMA and it's variants, wav and mp3. stop dreaming and get with reality ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.