S6 ends call after waiting on hold in a call queue

leosuth

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
Does the Galaxy S6 have some kind of call timeout? If I am waiting in a call queue that lasts a while, my phone seems to get bored and hangs up. If I am wait in a medium length call queue, and I actually get to the end and start talking to someone, my phone still gets bored and hangs up - it seems to me in both cases to be something in the region of 5 minutes.

Solution
I know of no such timer, unless you have a virus or malware on the phone that disconnects you, or someone set up the phone to only allow for short calls. Perhaps to not waste minutes? First try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode" and make a call. If it doesn't happen, then you know it is something on the phone that is the cause and you will need to find and remove the problem. If it still happens, however, even in "Safe Mode" then it phone app, the phones hardware or something with your carrier/service provider. So start with the checking in "Safe Mode" first.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release...
I know of no such timer, unless you have a virus or malware on the phone that disconnects you, or someone set up the phone to only allow for short calls. Perhaps to not waste minutes? First try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode" and make a call. If it doesn't happen, then you know it is something on the phone that is the cause and you will need to find and remove the problem. If it still happens, however, even in "Safe Mode" then it phone app, the phones hardware or something with your carrier/service provider. So start with the checking in "Safe Mode" first.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution

leosuth

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
Umm, thanks, but if the phone has been "setup to allow short calls", surely that means there is a timer? And if it can be set for short calls, surely that means there is a setting to do that?