HI. I cannot get past the rotating Samsung start up logo, with the sound and everything suddenly stopping at the last note. The Samsung logo phases with the blue halo but no further. Have tried everything I can find about what seems to be a common problem. Have taken the back off and disconnected the battery about 8-10 times but cannot get it to soft or hard reset or get to safe mode. Can get into 'Custom OS' (power+ sound down button) but have no idea what that is for. Running out id ideas. Any suggestions please?
Here are the ways to get into "Safe Mode" and also how to "Hard Reset". Sending just in case the info you have, or the way you are trying them, isn't correct. If none of this will work, they you probably have to get it looked at by a tech.
To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.
1. First turn off the tablet.
2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.
3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.
4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.
NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your tablet, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.
Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.
To "Hard Reset" the tablet...
1. Make sure that the tablet is actually powered off.
2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.
3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.
4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".
5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.
6. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.
7. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.
8. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the tablet.
9. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinsert the SD card.