Samsung 40M5300 TV Sound Dropouts with Vizio Soundbar when playing DVDs

cristo77

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
I am having audio dropouts which happen periodically where the sound with cut out for half a second. I am connecting using the Vizio Soundbar (model SB2920-C6). I have it connected via audio optical cable. I have even replaced the cable and still have the same issue. The Vizio Soundbar worked fine with my 27" Samsung, so I am thinking this may be an issue with the TV. I have gone through and checked all the settings. Also, tried connecting the soundbar using the other cables but none of them are recognized by the soundbar. I have also tried upgrading the firmware but its telling me there are no updates. I have tried just about everything and was hoping I can get some help here before I return the TV. If anyone has had any similar problems and can help me resolve this issue I would greatly appreciate it.

So I've ruled out that it has anything to do with the soundbar connection to the TV since I am able to watch streaming movies from the smart TV with no issues. I am still having problems with the blu-ray player. I have tried 2 different ones now Sony BDP-S1100 and Sony BDP-S3700, updated the software, I have no cords crossing the HDMI, so now I am going to try watching using a different HDMI cable (the first one was Insignia brand from Best Buy). This is my final attempt, but I am hoping someone here can help me resolve the issue. Has anyone every had a problem similar to mine with HDMI connections?

Ok, so I'm still having irregular audio dropouts even after changing the HDMI cable. I don't know what to do, or what settings. This is really frustrating to me because I really like the TV. The picture looks great, but I cannot enjoy a blu-ray or DVD with audio dropouts happening every 30 minutes or so.

cristo77

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
I've been reading information on the HDMI "handshake" syncing between deviced may be causing this. Do you think I need to get a different blu-ray player? I am currently using a sony.