Samsung Chronos 7 is it worth it?

Laptopnoob1

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Hello! I would like to know is this notebook worth it?

http://www.dixons.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-series-7-np700z5a-a01dx-15-6-laptop-11296512-pdt.html?srcid=369&xtor=AL-63&cmpid=aff~Skimbit~

The info is a bit wrong about usb 2.0, it comes with usb 3.0, but it is with Intel HD 3000 integrated video. Do i need to worry about that it is integrated video for the task below?

The notebook will be used for multitasking (myltiple windows opened), internet browsing - with heavy flash content pages, watching movies and videos, also 1080p playback content? Generally it will be used for day to day basic things like that, some office and spreadsheets documents, rare but some image editing with Photoshop CS5 and maybe some lite games like NFS Underground 2. Will be that enough for that notebook and will be there any lag with those tasks?

My sister will gonna replace this

http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Laptops/buy-SAMSUNG-NP-RF511-S03UK-Laptop/768049/?cm_mmc=Pricerunner-_-Feed-_-Laptops-_-768049&_%24ja=tsid:8359|cc:|prd:768049|cat:laptops

with Chronos 7, as i already said she wont be playing heavy games, so in fact that the Chronos 7 has HD+ resolution and a sturdy metal body, with big track pad and also has matt display i thing that Chronos i a good machine.

So the question is it worth it?

Thank you!

What's the reason for replacing the RF 511?
In terms of performance both laptops will be the same.

Intel HD 3000 Graphics is roughly equivalent to a dedicated graphics card like Geforce 410M or Radeon HD 5450. It will handle the tasks you mention without a problem.

1600x900 resolution is a big advantage when working with spreadsheets or Photoshop over laptops with 1366x768 resolution.
The RF 511 has the Blu-Ray player and the GT540M graphics card.

Laptopnoob1

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012

Also my sister had both laptop in comparison and i she starts the machines, she get the Windows 7 setup and if she proceed can she afterwards if she does not like the one ot hte laptop to return it in this already windows 7 setup condition or is it possible to rollback the settings as get at the starting the same windows 7 setup screeen?

It will be very important for me to know that info and it will be better to compare.

For example if she set the English language and all the settings needed to setup windows can she go back and reset everytning at the stock settings, I hope that you get the idea what i am writing about?

The closest you could get to that would be doing a 'restore to factory conditions'.
If you're thinking that would help you avoid any 'restocking fee' I don't believe it would help you there.

Laptopnoob1

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012

Yea i mean it. But to Performance wise of Lenovo, or Samsung, sorry if if i bother you!