Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Locked in space.

Michael_512

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016
My Galaxy Note 10.1 is frozen with the name on black screen. I've tried several times to hold the power button and volume. It goes to the a Warning screen with the option VOL UP to load a custom OS or VOL DN to restart. If i restart, it returns to the logo screen and doesn't boot up. If I choose the custom OS, it freezes. Any ideas of where to go from here?

Solution
It isn't behaving the same way any other Android 4.0 Ice-cream Sandwich does so it seems Samsung has messed with the operating system.

Apart from saying that's disgusting in light of the price those things sold for, I can only suggest doing what it says - install a Custom ROM.

It might be worth rooting the device first to see if that gives you more powers over the system. Download KingoRoot on to your PC and connect the device by USB then run the programme.

If you do choose to install over the existing system, have a look at the XDA Developer website http://www.xda-developers.com/ and choose one.
Try the Volume Up because it usually takes you to a menu with more than just that one option. Loading a custom ROM wouldn't be an automated process so you'll have the chance to back out of that menu if it is the only choice.

Factory Reset is usually an option and some menus include an option to keep your files and settings after a reset.

It isn't behaving the same way any other Android 4.0 Ice-cream Sandwich does so it seems Samsung has messed with the operating system.

Apart from saying that's disgusting in light of the price those things sold for, I can only suggest doing what it says - install a Custom ROM.

It might be worth rooting the device first to see if that gives you more powers over the system. Download KingoRoot on to your PC and connect the device by USB then run the programme.

If you do choose to install over the existing system, have a look at the XDA Developer website http://www.xda-developers.com/ and choose one.

Solution