Samsung Galaxy Tab3 (Children's tablet). Installed a Samsung SD Card and can't transfer apps to the SD card or se

dlmorales

Estimable
Dec 28, 2015
Please help me with a Samsung Galaxy Tab3 ( Childrens Tablet) I installed an sd card and can't transfer apps to the sd card or set the sd as the default location for downloaded apps. We also have a newer tablet we bought last year and there is a button that says transfer to sd card under the Application Manager, but this tablet that's two years older doesn't have that option built in.

Please help, I have a 6 year old that is driving me insane about adding more games to his device.

Solution
Unfortunately you won't be able to move them to the SD card. You would need to be running Android "Marshmallow" and yours is running an older version. Now if you could get it to update to "Marshmallow", which I have to say would be highly unlikely as Samsung puts limits on the upgrade ability, then you may be able to get them to the SD card. Again, however, that is very unlikely, due to Samsung's limiting things.

Your best bet, in this case, is to move any photos, music and videos to the SD card. They take up a ton of room themselves. I would also suggest removing an apps that are rarely used.

You should also consider clearing out the browser cache and history to again clear up space.

Lastly, be sure that the tablet is restarted...
Unfortunately you won't be able to move them to the SD card. You would need to be running Android "Marshmallow" and yours is running an older version. Now if you could get it to update to "Marshmallow", which I have to say would be highly unlikely as Samsung puts limits on the upgrade ability, then you may be able to get them to the SD card. Again, however, that is very unlikely, due to Samsung's limiting things.

Your best bet, in this case, is to move any photos, music and videos to the SD card. They take up a ton of room themselves. I would also suggest removing an apps that are rarely used.

You should also consider clearing out the browser cache and history to again clear up space.

Lastly, be sure that the tablet is restarted often, as any apps that are run, even if you exit them, are still using space and power.

Solution

dlmorales

Estimable
Dec 28, 2015