Samsung Hdmi arc to Pioneer Receiver problems

Sep 23, 2018
Have a new Samsung q65 tv with Hdmi Arc and a Pioneer vsx 1019 ah Receiver not Arc compatible (I am guessing on this, bought in 2009 and worked great on Samsung 55 in), when hooked up with HDMI cables, the TV does not have sound and it does not even see the pioneer receiver at all. I have tried without HDMI cables and just used the optical wire and still has no sound coming to receiver.

ARC has to be supported by both the TV and the receiver. That Pioneer doesn't seem to so scratch that.
The optical connection should work fine. You would usually have to turn it on in the TV menu. You may also have to turn the TV speakers off in that same menu. The optical jack you use in the receiver may have to be assigned to an input in the receiver input set up menu, unless it is already assigned, for you to use it.

ARC has to be supported by both the TV and the receiver. That Pioneer doesn't seem to so scratch that.
The optical connection should work fine. You would usually have to turn it on in the TV menu. You may also have to turn the TV speakers off in that same menu. The optical jack you use in the receiver may have to be assigned to an input in the receiver input set up menu, unless it is already assigned, for you to use it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
silvercliff Audio 1
Myles1985 Audio 0
LozCC Audio 1
C Audio 1
D Audio 0
T Audio 1
F Audio 1
P Audio 3
A Audio 5
T Audio 2
L Audio 8