Samsung HDMI Port Issue/Alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

spirallingspiral

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
Recently all the 4 ports of my hdmi tv stopped working. Usually all the 4 ports shows disabled in the source menu but now ports 1-3 shows enabled and whenever i select it, it says searching for signal and it doesnt detect my hdmi devices. Also my tv interface gets sluggish when i select hdmi in the source menu.

Is there any other way to connect my hdmi devices to my tv? My tv is kinda old and out warranty too. Its a 40 inch samsung tv, UA40b7000.

Any tips/suggestions would be of great help.

Quixit

Estimable
Dec 22, 2014
If it's a hardware issue, then your two choices are to try and get a local repairman to fix it (which may or may not be possible) or call Samsung and ask them what they'd charge to fix it. They're not really designed to be user servicable and generally entirely proprietary parts.

It may be more cost effective to just replace it.

spirallingspiral

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
Thanks for replies guys, i called samsung but they dont have a spare board and they dont do component level repairs on the mainboard.

@americanaudiophile Shopjimmy.com is blocked in my country for some reason.

Are there any other way to view hdmi content on my tv? How is the picture quality if i use an hdmi to rca converter? or are there any other alternatives for now till i get hold of another working used board.

spirallingspiral

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
I had ordered for another board, not only the hdmi stopped working, the tv doesn't start after i put it on standby, so i have to switch it off for like 10 mins for it to start. So its pretty much conked off completely now. Waiting for the new board.

Status
Not open for further replies.