Samsung Hits Out at Apple with Galaxy Note Super Bowl Ad

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jezus53

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
Why is everyone bashing the pen? You know, you can still use your fingers right? Plus the stylus is great for taking notes and jotting down quick ideas whether it be a quick sketch of an idea for an artsy person or just a simple reminder to do something. I guess everyone is different, but I can't wait till this phone comes out on a provider that's not ATT.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]kansur0[/nom]I think they are just jealous because nobody lines up for a Samsung.[/citation]Missed the Galaxy Nexus launch in the US, huh?

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I think they are just jealous because nobody lines up for a Samsung...

Dream on clueless fanboy. As a Samsung user I would be the first to ditch Samsung if something better came out. Samsung users tend to choose the best hardware for the price, not what is hyped by con-artists in cahoots with the msm and other propaganda joints. Surely there are a few morons out there that are brand worshipers and will buy whatever garbage Samsung puts out and at whatever price . But by in large my experience has been that only iCrappies are the only sub-intelligence that will gladly part with their money just to be seen with a logo that only impresses other technologically illiterate morons. I am of the feeling that the minute a company starts to draw lines in the streets it is time to ditch them especially if they have a history of defrauding the public and selling them lockdown drm infested hardware at an exorbitant price, like iCrap has done historically.

G

Why is it immature? It is just desserts. Apple has been knocking IBM and Microsoft for years and they did not fight back. It's about time

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
The commericial sucked..."Hey everybody! Check out our totally awesome Stylus Phone! Woot woot!" A stylus could be useful in a very limited number of situations.. But is hardly a selling point.. The market doesn't want a phone with a damn pen... What waste of cash..

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
"Do you think Samsung is acting a little immature in these commercials"

You mean like those mac Vs PC ads where apple insinuates that PCs can't connect to Japanese digital cameras and other bullshit like that?

NO, I don't.

jbond007

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
I thought the Samsung add was hilarious !! I am turned off by Apple's so called patent infringement suits against Samsung. They deserve a little humble pie in this instance .. and Samsung serves it up with a really funny add. Keep it up Samsung and let freedom ring !

jbond007

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
I thought the Samsung add was hilarious !! I am turned off by Apple's so called patent infringement suits against Samsung. They deserve a little humble pie in this instance .. and Samsung serves it up with a really funny add. Keep it up Samsung and let freedom ring !

brucen13

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
The part that made me laugh was when the man that says it feels like detention is the one that screams FREEDOM with his arms over his head. Some double entendre going on there!

Also liked the stereotypical die-hard apple fan... macbook, lawn chair, ponytail and beard, headphones, with several peeks of him giving condescending looks at everyone... that was classic.

w3k3m

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
[citation][nom]jaquith[/nom]I thought the 'pen' was dead.I had a 'pen' back in the Pocket PC day, and it was a love/hate thing. Fundamentally, all I care about is does the phone work, how easy is it to work, and the information I need. My wife loves her Droid 3 (keyboard + nails = must), and my daughter and I the iPhone.[/citation]

I thought the same before I tried it, but now I'm simply delighted. Needless to say, I already have one. Samsung's S-Pen uses entirely different technology. It uses dedicated wireless Wacom's electromagnetic induction technology from their professional graphics tablets, therefore the pens are interchangeable with Wacom's. It feels like a real pen, very precise and pressure sensitive. Notes-software coupled with large 5.3 inch fine 1280x720 screen is very practical and it really brings productivity to a whole new level. The software recognizes any handwriting right out of the box with very high precision. And when not needed S-pen is completely concealed inside of the case, you can go on using touchscreen as usual. So before judging, I would recommend everyone to try it yourself first.

exnemesis

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
So apart from LTE, this version is inferior to the International version correct? So if your area isn't going to get LTE anytime soon, it's best to get that one instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.