Samsung Hits Out at Apple with Galaxy Note Super Bowl Ad

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

irh_1974

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]Journey back. The first mention of Apple came from Vladislaus, not me. In fact, in my posts I've tried to steer it back to Samsung.[/citation]
Actually the first mention of Apple is 5 words into the title:-
Samsung Hits Out at Apple with Galaxy Note Super Bowl Ad

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]irh_1974[/nom]Actually the first mention of Apple is 5 words into the title:-[/citation]

Yep, exactly.

Notice how the only one who posted something completely irrelevant was back_by_demand.

irh_1974

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]In fact, in my posts I've tried to steer it back to Samsung.[/citation]

[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]I think I clearly stated that Apple have at least got the right to claim they offer more reliability, given that numerous studies show that they are the most reliable (studies saying otherwise just make it arguable, they don't disprove it). Since the Mac vs PC adverts are about not a specific brand of PC, and since Apple is always near the top in every link you posted, and top in every link I posted - they can certainly claim to be more reliable than an average PC (which is what the Mac vs PC adverts clearly refer to) - and IMO there are more surveys suggesting they are the most reliable than not. The surveys you linked are somewhat misleading in that they are based on how many people go in to get repaired - clearly people will be more likely to get a mac repaired if it breaks because it cost more, whereas a 300 quid Asus may not justify it (and it's much harder to actually do) - indeed your point that Apple don't sell a single entry level laptop proves precisely this point. Repairing a 2 year old Asus worth £50 may not be worth it, but repairing a 2 year old Mac worth £700 probably is. Obviously a manufacturers reliability for one device has a correlation, more than not, to their reliability for other devices, so the iPhone report is clearly relevant too.Watching the advert:1 - Factual quotes from a review of Mac (clearly true)2 - Claiming Macs work with Japanese digital cameras - true3 - iLife features (factual)4 - Bundled software makes movie creation easier, photos & music too - true5 - Claims that windows freezes and has to restart more often - probably true due to the lower hardware reliability (as proven in aforementioned discussion)6 - Factual statement on the number of viruses which affect Windows, and factual statement that it isn't the same for macs.7 - Same as 48 - You can run windows on a mac - true9 - Drivers are pre-installed on Macs but not always for pc's - true10 - Same as 6 - saying Mac doesn't have to worry about viruses as much as Windows - true11 - Same as 412 - Power cord with macs which can't as easily be yanked off a table - VERY true (from personal experience)13 - Can run office, less depreciation - true14 - Same as 415 - Pc's get viruses - true, Better at creative stuff (same as 4)Sorry, but I don't see even a single lie there. Seriously. The only weird implication is that Apple supports foreign devices out of the box more readily - I am not sure if this is the case or not.But lets get back to the point - Samsung advert (the real topic). Every one of those 15 Apple adverts is at least trying to make a case for which it is better. The Samsung advert, just, doesn't.[/citation]

With all due respect, you paid lip service to Samsung and dedicated most of the content to talk about Apple, I can see why people think you hijack threads, maybe if everyone just toned it down a couple of notches it would be a better place in here, you need to be the bigger man here

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
Only about Samsung...

[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]Then doesn't that then make a mockery of their own advert? If people have to lineup for Samsung phones too?I found the advert entertaining - it's quite good.For me personally, I don't like using a pen/stylus - I believe we've moved away from those days, but each to their own.The one thing I thought was pretty poor about the advert was that it doesn't explain anything which makes the phone better. But good fun all the same.I'm looking forward to the SG3.[/citation]

[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]The Mali-400MP GPU is pretty old and under-performing for a new device with such a high resolution. Certainly not what I would describe as the best hardware, tbh.[/citation]

Steering the conversation back to Samsung....

[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]
The main issue for me with this Samsung advert is that it tries to poke fun at Apple without actually giving any reasons why Samsung is better.
[/citation]

Anyway, this isn't article isn't about Apple - my original point still stands that this advert points out nothing that the Samsung phone can do that any other phone can't. I think that's poor.
[/citation]

If Apple produced a vague advert, I would criticise it for being vague too. This Samsung advert makes no compelling sales pitch, for me - they should try to come up with a selling point IMO.
[/citation]

But lets get back to the point - Samsung advert (the real topic). Every one of those 15 Apple adverts is at least trying to make a case for which it is better. The Samsung advert, just, doesn't.
[/citation]

We were talking about the Samsung advert which doesn't make any compelling sales pitch - doesn't show any advantages it offers.

Someone compared it to Mac adverts which focus on laptops and said that they were bad too, and I responded by saying they at least made selling points, and were in my opinion (and the opinion of the advertising standards) not misleading.
[/citation]

Posts by yourself...

[citation][nom]irh_1974[/nom]Hardware reliability arguement is a myth, apart from the EFI it's the same hardware in a Mac as it is in a PC, both use Intel CPUs, HDDs or SSDs, etc and Apple have never been produced a vague advert before have they? For Apple the company, and by and large the user base, it is mainly about the image and the branding rather than how it actually operates. That's why the murdered Psystar. OSX is great, I use it all the time on a Macpro and it works, but it would be so much better if run it on a home-built PC legitimately. To retain legitimacy I am stuck with hardware that cost a fortune.[/citation]

[citation][nom]irh_1974[/nom]I might agree if we were just talking about laptops, where there is even a bone of contention when comparing against certain Sony machines that a beautifully built, but in this instance Mac vs PC to me means desktop, tower machines like the Macpro, they certainly are beautiful but its a big ask to pay 50% more for an equivalently specced PC that will sit under a desk plugged into your 30" pro monitor made by Dell or NEC. Sure some people want the branding, but they will always buy Apple regardless of cost the same way some people always buy a BMW even if that particular year Audi has the best model, what people want is the choice and if they were given it Apple may find that the few sales that are lost on the Macpro would be made up 10 times over with sales of OSX. Let me put it on whatever machine I want - Microsoft did and it's products occupy 90%+ of the OS market, which in turn creates a dependancy on server markets with SQL for business and whole companies dedicated to providing support and service to other businesses with Wintel engineers.Non-commercial business is good, but the commercial sector is where the real money is, Apple should have been all over this like hair on a monkey, what the hell is stopping them?[/citation]

[citation][nom]irh_1974[/nom]Any manufacturer worth its salt will always try to focuss attention or the subject of any conversation towards an area they have the most strength, simply marketing 101, but to retain scientific objectivity the focus should be on the market itself, not the products sold within it. That's why Apple spend so much advertising the iPad, and almost nothing advertising Macpro, and they will continue to ram the iPad advertising down peoples throats until something something deposes it in the market, if that ever happens the R&D and the advertising will dry up and will be moved onto the next thing. A real shame for anyone who has previously invested in that product and eagerly awaits the new model.Like the iPod.[/citation]

Sorry but how hypocritical can you be? I've consistently tied my discussion back to the original point, and to Samsung, and you haven't. How dare you even imply that I'm the one who's hijacking the thread... The only reason both yourselves and Vladislaus got Apple-centred replies is because you both chose to focus on the Apple side of it - I simply replied.

You should try being the 'bigger man' yourself, tbh.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]I think I clearly stated that Apple have at least got the right to claim they offer more reliability, given that numerous studies show that they are the most reliable (studies saying otherwise just make it arguable, they don't disprove it). Since the Mac vs PC adverts are about not a specific brand of PC, and since Apple is always near the top in every link you posted, and top in every link I posted - they can certainly claim to be more reliable than an average PC (which is what the Mac vs PC adverts clearly refer to) - and IMO there are more surveys suggesting they are the most reliable than not. The surveys you linked are somewhat misleading in that they are based on how many people go in to get repaired - clearly people will be more likely to get a mac repaired if it breaks because it cost more, whereas a 300 quid Asus may not justify it (and it's much harder to actually do) - indeed your point that Apple don't sell a single entry level laptop proves precisely this point. Repairing a 2 year old Asus worth £50 may not be worth it, but repairing a 2 year old Mac worth £700 probably is. Obviously a manufacturers reliability for one device has a correlation, more than not, to their reliability for other devices, so the iPhone report is clearly relevant too.Watching the advert:1 - Factual quotes from a review of Mac (clearly true)2 - Claiming Macs work with Japanese digital cameras - true3 - iLife features (factual)4 - Bundled software makes movie creation easier, photos & music too - true5 - Claims that windows freezes and has to restart more often - probably true due to the lower hardware reliability (as proven in aforementioned discussion)6 - Factual statement on the number of viruses which affect Windows, and factual statement that it isn't the same for macs.7 - Same as 48 - You can run windows on a mac - true9 - Drivers are pre-installed on Macs but not always for pc's - true10 - Same as 6 - saying Mac doesn't have to worry about viruses as much as Windows - true11 - Same as 412 - Power cord with macs which can't as easily be yanked off a table - VERY true (from personal experience)13 - Can run office, less depreciation - true14 - Same as 415 - Pc's get viruses - true, Better at creative stuff (same as 4)Sorry, but I don't see even a single lie there. Seriously. The only weird implication is that Apple supports foreign devices out of the box more readily - I am not sure if this is the case or not.But lets get back to the point - Samsung advert (the real topic). Every one of those 15 Apple adverts is at least trying to make a case for which it is better. The Samsung advert, just, doesn't.[/citation]
First a survey is never ever indicative of reliability because our opinion is always twisted according to our view of the product we own. Surveys are only valid for customer satisfaction. None of the links I posted were obtained through a survey, they were obtained using raw data of actual failures.
Also your claim that Mac get a worse position because they're more expensive and people are more likely going to repair it than a £300 laptop is flawed. As the study showed cheaper laptops are the one that break more often, if what you say was true, it stands to reason that they would have a better score.
Also the iPhone is a different product built with different processes, so it is irrelevant. Even products in the same category from the same brand have different reliability indexes, so a reliability of a product from a different category isn't indicative of anything.

Claiming that mac works with Japanese cameras and windows doesn't is a lie
The ads talks like Microsoft doesn't have the Live platform or the Movie Maker.
I've used windows and Mac OS for many years and the number of problem I had with windows are about the same I had with Mac OS.
In one of the adds they clearly stated that he has to install drivers and remove bloat-ware. If he's removing the so called bloat-ware then he's talking about a PC built by OEM, so all drivers are in place, so a lie.
Also Windows is just as good for doing creative stuff. The only creative software only available for Mac are the ones from Apple itself. So stating that Windows is only good for Office productivity while Mac OS is good in everything is a lie.

In one part of the Samsung ad one of the actors stated freedom, so that is a point. Another point is that Apple isn't the only one with a cool product.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]Journey back. The first mention of Apple came from Vladislaus, not me. In fact, in my posts I've tried to steer it back to Samsung.[/citation]
No the first mention of Apple didn't came from me.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]First a survey is never ever indicative of reliability because our opinion is always twisted according to our view of the product we own. [/citation]

This is faulty logic. If this were true, people who owned the other devices would also be twisted to exactly the same extent.

[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]
Surveys are only valid for customer satisfaction. None of the links I posted were obtained through a survey, they were obtained using raw data of actual failures.[/citation]

Isn't customer satisfaction the most relevant statistic when looking at reliability? I would argue that yes, it is.

They did not use raw data of actual failures, they used raw data of people who ACTED on said failures. This is flawed in a whole number of ways. Firstly, as I mentioned, people ARE more likely to want to repair something if it's worth more. Secondly, how can you possibly claim that the study shows that the cheaper laptops break more often, when Asus is a very cheap brand and leads the study? (For example in the Tomshardware article). That's a contradiction right there, claiming that Asus laptops break less than Apple, combined with the fact that Apple pc's are in general more expensive, contradicts your own claim. Furthermore, look at the article you posted:

'Mind you, a high reliability score does not translate directly to the machine's reliability. While it could mean that the better score means better machines, it also could signal that the owners of the machine choose to seek support directly from the manufacturer rather than third-party Rescuecom.'

Apple does this better than any other manufacturer - with Apple stores all over the country with technical support which is far far better than those where you have to send the laptop in to get it repaired.

On an additional note, I would argue that on average, people who spend more money on laptops, use them more and so are more likely to have a failure. Serious tech users don't use an ASUS, IMO - they tend to be bought by the less tech-savvy casual purchasers who just want a cheap laptop.

Also the iPhone is a different product built with different processes, so it is irrelevant. Even products in the same category from the same brand have different reliability indexes, so a reliability of a product from a different category isn't indicative of anything.[/citation]

This is a gross misunderstanding of what I said. Despite the fact that every product that every manufacturer produces can sometimes use different processes, there is (as I said), MORE THAN NOT, a CORRELATION between their reliability in one device and other. Different devices can of course have a different reliability index, but the standard deviation of said differences is far lower, statistically and probably, than comparing to the competition. By your logic, all brand reliability could be disregarded if a new product comes out, and therefore brands are meaningless when new products come out. Completely flawed, and the reason is that the same quality control PROCESS which is defined by a company is carried out for all products, more often than not. Similarly, there is a massive cross-over of components and materials from one device to another. To disagree with my original claim you would have to claim that there is no correlation whatsoever between different devices made by the same manufacturers. Clearly, ludicrous.

Claiming that mac works with Japanese cameras and windows doesn't is a lie[/citation]

Firstly - the advert doesn't refer to 'Japanese cameras' - but to a specific Japanese camera. There is a difference.
Secondly - the advert doesn't say specifically that Microsoft DOESN'T work with that specific Japanese camera - although it does imply it.
Thirdly - Unless you've tested every Japanese camera with Windows 7 - you can't say that it's a lie.

Either way, this was the one questionable INFERENCE I highlighted in my own post.

The ads talks like Microsoft doesn't have the Live platform or the Movie Maker.[/citation]

I don't think it does at all. In fact, all that they talk 'like' is that it's far easier to do on a Mac. Something I agree with, certainly not a lie.

[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]I've used windows and Mac OS for many years and the number of problem I had with windows are about the same I had with Mac OS.[/citation]

I hate Mac OS. I point blank refuse to use it because it's so unfamiliar and clunky for me. I use Windows 7 exclusively on my MBA. But sorry, your personal experiences are not statistically relevant. The whole point of looking at customer satisfaction is to gather a COLLECTIVE idea of experiences, which are far more informative than one guys story. And that's the very thing I posted.

In one of the adds they clearly stated that he has to install drivers and remove bloat-ware. If he's removing the so called bloat-ware then he's talking about a PC built by OEM, so all drivers are in place, so a lie.[/citation]

Again, this is grossly incorrect. I have installed DRIVERS in the past which come with bloatware. That single example is all that is required to prove your point wrong. Similarly, many OEM machines ask that you download the latest drivers online before starting. Bloatware, plus driver installs.

Also Windows is just as good for doing creative stuff. The only creative software only available for Mac are the ones from Apple itself. [/citation]

The point being that the Mac OS used to come with said software as part of the OS, and Windows doesn't come with anything remotely as good. You can believe it's easier to edit videos on Windows if you like - but I personally, having used Windows all my life can admit that it is very poor in this area. Having to install third party software is exactly the kind of inconvenience and unknown quantity that is the whole point of many of the ads. It 'just works' vs having to faff around installing a bunch of stuff.

So stating that Windows is only good for Office productivity while Mac OS is good in everything is a lie.[/citation]

They never stated this. They said that Windows is good for Office. NOT that it is 'ONLY' good for office. Again, the failure there lies in your misinterpretation. In actual fact I interpreted that as Apple admitting that Windows does Office well. No more, no less.

In one part of the Samsung ad one of the actors stated freedom, so that is a point. Another point is that Apple isn't the only one with a cool product.[/citation]

Freedom? Is not a point, unless it's justified or expanded upon. The source code to the previous version of Android was never released. iPhone users are just as able to jailbreak as Android users. iPhone users have the FREEDOM to get software upgrades for far longer than the average Android user.

They haven't provided any reason why the product is 'cool' either - that's the whole point I'm making. A stylus? Makes it look 90's, tbh, if anything I thought it looked distinctly 'uncool' when the guy said 'it comes with a stylus'. And for 1 min 30 or whatever, 2 very vague points which the customer wont relate to is very poor.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]No the first mention of Apple didn't came from me.[/citation]

In this ongoing conversation between us, yes it did.

In the grand scheme of the rest of the comments, not, and in the whole article, not either.

Just back_by_demand making his usual irrelevant post with no content.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
And OH EM GEE, have you even read the conclusion reached by the study you linked?

[citation][nom]Rescuecom[/nom]For instance, Asus has an off the charts score as compared to the other manufacturers, even second place Apple. Does this mean Asus is that much more reliable? Perhaps, but it might also be a function of the product itself.

Asus produces a great number of ‘eee’ series computers and inexpensive netbooks - both popular with budget minded and entry level consumers. While these machines can certainly be reliable, often are inexpensive enough that seeking out computer repair makes less budgetary sense than simply replacing the computer altogether.

Then there is Apple. A consistent top three finisher, Apple’s superior level of service for its products has long made them among the most reliable in the industry.[/citation]

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]This is faulty logic. If this were true, people who owned the other devices would also be twisted to exactly the same extent.[/citation]
No it's not faulty. The customer satisfaction of Ferrari is through the roof, and it's higher than Porsche. Does this means Ferrari's are more reliable than Porsche's? No they aren't so how can this be?
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]Isn't customer satisfaction the most relevant statistic when looking at reliability? I would argue that yes, it is.[/citation]
Then you would argue wrong, Reliability may be a relevant statistic when looking at customer satisfaction, not the other way around. Customer satisfaction is a subjective index, reliability isn't.
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]They did not use raw data of actual failures, they used raw data of people who ACTED on said failures. This is flawed in a whole number of ways. Firstly, as I mentioned, people ARE more likely to want to repair something if it's worth more. Secondly, how can you possibly claim that the study shows that the cheaper laptops break more often, when Asus is a very cheap brand and leads the study? (For example in the Tomshardware article). That's a contradiction right there, claiming that Asus laptops break less than Apple, combined with the fact that Apple pc's are in general more expensive, contradicts your own claim. Furthermore, look at the article you posted:'Mind you, a high reliability score does not translate directly to the machine's reliability. While it could mean that the better score means better machines, it also could signal that the owners of the machine choose to seek support directly from the manufacturer rather than third-party Rescuecom.'Apple does this better than any other manufacturer - with Apple stores all over the country with technical support which is far far better than those where you have to send the laptop in to get it repaired.[/citation]
First if you visited all links I posted you'll notice that the last isn't related to Rescuecom, and they did use raw data. It's the same study that shows that entry line laptops are more prone to failure.
Unfortunately I don't have much wonders to say about Apple technical support. My old macbook pro i7 heats up like wildfire. While still covered under warranty I took the laptop to a Apple technical support center, and there it remained over a month. Just as was about to make 30 days, and by law I was eligible to ask for a new one for replacement, they contacted me to pick up the laptop that there wasn't anything wrong with it. Apparently reaching temperatures in excess 100ºC is normal for the Apple technical personnel. I also wasn't the only one with problems with tech support personnel. The problem with the LCD on the iMacs comes to mind.
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]On an additional note, I would argue that on average, people who spend more money on laptops, use them more and so are more likely to have a failure.[/citation]
You know what this is, a poor excuse. Please...
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]Serious tech users don't use an ASUS, IMO - they tend to be bought by the less tech-savvy casual purchasers who just want a cheap laptop.[/citation]
And your proof to this stupid claim comes from???... Facepalm!!!
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]Freedom? Is not a point, unless it's justified or expanded upon. The source code to the previous version of Android was never released. iPhone users are just as able to jailbreak as Android users. iPhone users have the FREEDOM to get software upgrades for far longer than the average Android user.[/citation]
What does the source code have to do with freedom? Could it be perhaps that the user has the freedom to install whatever software that comes to mind, whether the software is distributed by Google or not, and with the iPhone you can't?
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]And for 1 min 30 or whatever, 2 very vague points which the customer wont relate to is very poor.[/citation]
And you know this because you have access to data to point out that the advert is poor and the customers won't relate to it, or are you just making up as you move along?

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
Acer Inc. (Taiwan)
Amazon.com (United States)
Apple Inc. (United States)
ASRock (Taiwan)
Asus (Taiwan)
Barnes & Noble (United States)
Cisco (United States)
Dell (United States)
EVGA Corporation (United States)
Hewlett-Packard (United States)
Intel (United States)
IBM (United States)
Lenovo (China)
Microsoft (United States)
MSI (Taiwan)
Motorola (United States)
Netgear (United States)
Nintendo (Japan)
Nokia (Finland)
Panasonic (Japan)
Samsung (South Korea)
Sharp (Japan)
Sony (Japan)
Sony Ericsson (Japan/Sweden)
Vizio (United States)
... the add should be... yeah, wee are better than apple, but wee use the same slave labor at foxconn...

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]No it's not faulty. The customer satisfaction of Ferrari is through the roof, and it's higher than Porsche. Does this means Ferrari's are more reliable than Porsche's?[/citation]

Oh my god. LOL.

What YOU said:

'First a survey is never ever indicative of reliability because our opinion is always twisted according to our view of the product we own. '

Our 'opinion' being 'twisted' has NOTHING TO DO WITH WHY CUSTOMER SATISFACTION ISN'T NECESSARILY INDICATIVE OF RELIABILITY. The ACTUAL ISSUE you FAILED TO STATE is that customer opinion can ALSO be influenced by other things, such as how fast the car/phone runs, it's looks etc. NOT that we all prefer the products we own, as you stated, which IS FAULTY LOGIC, because the people being interviewed ALWAYS OWN THE PRODUCT THEY ARE BEING INTERVIEWED ABOUT.

Furthermore, to try and refer to cars is weak and shows that you can't prove your case on the subject in hand. Please evidence all of your claims about Porsche and Ferrari, since you claiming that Ferrari has higher customer satisfaction ratings is just that - a claim.

[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]Then you would argue wrong, Reliability may be a relevant statistic when looking at customer satisfaction, not the other way around. Customer satisfaction is a subjective index, reliability isn't.
[/citation]

Wow, just as I think you can't get any more dumb. The fact that reliability is the MOST relevant statistic when looking at customer satisfaction, is PRECISELY THE POINT I MADE. You say it can't be the other way around? So there is a correlation, but it's only one way? That is the most ridiculously dumb conclusion, ever, in the history of complete retards. Yes, depression is linked to suicide but suicides aren't linked to depression.... um , get a brain.

Secondly - 'reliability' is NOT an objective index, since it is the CUSTOMERS PERCEPTION of how bad the problem is which dictates how much the reliability suffers. What is certainly true is that REPORTED FAULTS is nowhere near an objective index, since it requires that the customer DECIDES and WANTS TO get the issue repaired.

First if you visited all links I posted you'll notice that the last isn't related to Rescuecom, and they did use raw data. It's the same study that shows that entry line laptops are more prone to failure.[/citation]

OH.... MY.... GOD.

From the 'last' article you linked:

'Looking at the first 3 years of ownership, 31% of laptop owners reported a failure to SquareTrad'

I'll spell it out for you, SLOWLY..... NOT.... RAW.... DATA... As I said, several times now. You epic, epic fail.

Unfortunately I don't have much wonders to say about Apple technical support. My old macbook pro i7 heats up like wildfire. While still covered under warranty I took the laptop to a Apple technical support center, and there it remained over a month. Just as was about to make 30 days, and by law I was eligible to ask for a new one for replacement, they contacted me to pick up the laptop that there wasn't anything wrong with it. Apparently reaching temperatures in excess 100ºC is normal for the Apple technical personnel. [/citation]

You are a statistical irrelevance. Just as I am, with my 100% no problems-ever that I have with Apple products. Waste of a whole paragraph on complete irrelevance.

'You know what this is, a poor excuse. Please...'

Yeah, OK 'Vladislaus' - people who spend more money on laptops aren't 'power users' and they don't actually want to use it. Wheras people who buy a really budget laptop are those who use it for a living. Wake up.

'And your proof to this stupid claim comes from???... Facepalm!!!'

Nice english. Seriously, if you can't even talk the language why do you continue to expose your idiocy. It is my opinion that more tech savvy people buy Apples than Asus'. If you want to disprove me, or disagree, fine, it's obvious to pretty much anyone reading, and not necessary to prove your idiocy.

'What does the source code have to do with freedom? Could it be perhaps that the user has the freedom to install whatever software that comes to mind, whether the software is distributed by Google or not, and with the iPhone you can't?'

Jailbreak. Game, set and match.

'And you know this because you have access to data to point out that the advert is poor and the customers won't relate to it, or are you just making up as you move along?'

Most stupid argument ever - it's clearly my opinion all along that the advert is ineffective. You're arguing that it is. Do you have access to data? Moron.

And by the way, you've still completely failed to address the fact your own linked article proved ME RIGHT in what I posted, and that EVERY ONE OF YOUR LINKS PROVES APPLE HAS ABOVE AVERAGE RELIABILITY WHICH IS ALL THAT IS REQUIRED TO MAKE THE CLAIM THEY DO.

Seriously, you are the dumbest foreigner ever. You give people who can't speak English a bad name

Status
Not open for further replies.