Samsung i700 Issue

ohuwill

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
i have a samsung i700 from verizon. its been boxed up for a few years now. i spoke with a person at metro pcs who said they can flash my phone to work on their network. now theyre baffled cause their system cant recognize my phone. they see a device but not specific enough to get their whoodini software to flash it over. is this just a simple driver issue with windows they are having or am i asking the impossible, to use my i700 without verizon? any help would be heavily appreciated. thanks

So, they already flashed the phone to work on their system? It sounds like it is an issue that needs to be taken up with Samsung, as Windows/drivers have nothing to do with it. Perhaps it needs to be completely wiped and reflashed again by MetroPCS.

ohuwill

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010

no they havent been able to figure out why vista cant identify what phone it is. they tell me they cant flash something unless the pc knows what it is. idk. what would you suggest i do considering nothing has been done to the phone yet and i really, really wanna use it again? i will send it in somewhere if thats what needs to be done. thanks

AH ok, so Vista doesn't know what it is and I assume that is the OS they use to flash it, correct? Perhaps try it on another PC with XP or W7 on it to see if it will recognize it. If it does, perhaps another store has an OS that works or you can send it in to Samsung and they can do the flash. You'd have to get in touch with them though to make sure that they'd do such a thing.

ohuwill

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010

i will contact samsung next. hey thanks alot for your help and prompt responses.

ohuwill

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
ok, i contacted samsung via telephone and they were no help at all. once he heard it was a verizon phone he instantly passed the buck back to verizon. he said to call them and gave me the number and stated that if i call them at the number he gave that i will for sure get results and they would have to take care of this. so i call verizon and the customer support lady was really nice and helpful but she couldnt even find any sort of info in her system for my phone. so now im back to the drawing board. does anyone know of a place or a site that i can just mail it to and get it taken care of ? i am close to giving up, however i dont want to feel like i didnt try my hardest. thanks again......

Unfortunately, I don't know much else you can do at this point with your current phone. Have you checked any forums/sites dedicated to samsung phones to see if this is a common issue? If so, someone out there may have a fix for it. This is the only decent one that I know of:

http://cellphoneforums.net/samsung/

ohuwill

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
Well i have checked several forums including the one you mentioned above. I havent found anything that helps so at this point Im gonna surrender and just buy a new phone. Would you happen to know anything about the new windows 7 phones? Particularly the htc surround? Thanks again for the help and follow up.