Samsung Magician 4.4 Update

Thomas Brelin

Estimable
Jul 2, 2014
I've also updated Samsung Magician to the latest version for my 840 Pro drive and I had absolutely no problem during the update and eventually Rapid Mode feature was improved dramatically ! However since then the magician software is included to the startup and can't be removed with the Task Manager. The previous version could. May any kind soul let me know how to remove it from the startup and of course remove the icon from the system tray with every boot ? Need to add that my OS is Win 8. Thank you !

Solution
OK, found it and fixed it, nothing to do with Rapid Mode but with task scheduling !!!

Control Panel / System and Security / Administrative Tools / Task Scheduler / Task Scheduler Local / Task Scheduler Library / Samsung Magician / Disable

Thanks anyway !

Thomas Brelin

Estimable
Jul 2, 2014

The method suggested in the link you provide is via Task Manager which is the first I tried without any success, if you read my message more carefully. Although Task Manager indicates that it's disabled it still starts up with every boot ! The Magician icon can be removed easily from the system tray (right click - remove - OK) or hide if configured via this path, Control Panel - All Control Panel Items - Notification Area Icons.

However what I'm asking is to stop it starting up with every boot just like the older version 4.3. I found out that the cause of this issue is the new Rapid Mode which is included to Magician. In fact what is making the software starting up with the every system boot is Samsung Rapid Mode.

Any other suggestion on how to stop this software (Magician) starting up with every boot ?

Thomas Brelin

Estimable
Jul 2, 2014
OK, found it and fixed it, nothing to do with Rapid Mode but with task scheduling !!!

Control Panel / System and Security / Administrative Tools / Task Scheduler / Task Scheduler Local / Task Scheduler Library / Samsung Magician / Disable

Thanks anyway !

Solution

Glad you found a solution and thanks for posting it.

Paul Kane

Estimable
Nov 22, 2014
Samsung Magician 4.4 Update
I found the solution to the problem for error message "has encountered an error and cannot continue press ok to launch the application again".

Option 1
magician 4.4 "has encountered an error and cannot continue press ok to launch the application again"

1) Please wait until all of the window updates are completely updated onto your computer.
2) Re-install Magician 4.4, go to this link for the latest download: http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/global/html/support/downloads.html

3) Right click the application and Run as Administrator.

Option 2:

Resolution for "has encountered an error and cannot continue press ok to launch the application again"

1) Please wait to install Windows updates on your computer.
2) Download and install Magician 4.0 from online or Original disk that came with Samsung SSD Drive 840 Series
3) Right click the application and Run as Administrator.
4) When it asks you to update to Magician 4.4 click on YES.

If at any time when running the setup application right click and choose Run as Administrator.
Please let me know if this cured the problem.

Paul Kane

Estimable
Nov 22, 2014

Paul Kane

Estimable
Nov 22, 2014
clintonbeetham said:
A new version of magician has been released by Samsung. Please find below link to download the same. It provides user with an option to remove magician from startup

http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/sa...

It says that it is unavailble at this time do you know of another site I can go to get the the latest Samsung Magician software? I am currently using version 4.4 and it works great but if there is another later version I am all ears.
Thanks,
Paul Kane

PBKovoor

Estimable
Dec 12, 2014
You can remove it from the startup. Magicain 4.4 tray icon -> right click and use 'Remove from Startup".