Samsung N150 Plus freezes randomly [1 EXCEPTION]

Philomathus

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
The title is self-explanatory.

I have two HDDs: one containing Win10 and the other containing Win7; I use both them on my MSI U135. They run pretty well, and everything is up to date. But I prefer my samsung, simply because the cpu and ram is more superior, and because my MSI's screen has annoying vertical lines (I don't have a replacement).

My samsung's old HDD broke down a long time ago, for reasons I wasn't able to ascertain. I began using my samsung again yesterday, and I was surprised by the speed, but after 10-15 minutes of use, it froze up. It happens on both of my HDDs--all the time. It freezes on the login screen, the desktop, and even when CHKDSK is running after a restart.

But it never freezes in safe mode, and I don't know why... I really hope the community can help me, I need a reliable laptop for my studies.

Solution
If it freezes when not in "Safe Mode" but doesn't when in "Safe Mode" then something is running when you are out of it that isn't running when you are in it. This being the case, you are going to have to determine what programs aren't running when you are in "Safe Mode".

You should be able to see all that loads by going to "Start" and typing "msconfig" (no quotes) into the search box and then loading that program. In here you want to check the "Boot", "Services" and "Start Up" tabs. Check it when in and out of "Safe Mode".

Also you should go to "Start" and type in "task manager" (again no quotes), both when in and when out of "Safe Mode" and you will get a better idea of what is running. In there you want to check the "Applications"...
If it freezes when not in "Safe Mode" but doesn't when in "Safe Mode" then something is running when you are out of it that isn't running when you are in it. This being the case, you are going to have to determine what programs aren't running when you are in "Safe Mode".

You should be able to see all that loads by going to "Start" and typing "msconfig" (no quotes) into the search box and then loading that program. In here you want to check the "Boot", "Services" and "Start Up" tabs. Check it when in and out of "Safe Mode".

Also you should go to "Start" and type in "task manager" (again no quotes), both when in and when out of "Safe Mode" and you will get a better idea of what is running. In there you want to check the "Applications", "Processes" and "Services" tabs.

Solution