Samsung PAL TV in North America

AudioDroid

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
Hello!

My girlfriend has a PAL samsung hdtv from afghanistan and would like to watch TV with an antenna here in North America.
I have found the NTSC --> PAL converters online, however I am not sure if we will need anything else to get the digital tv signal from an antenna.

I was assuming we would need a NTSC --> PAL converter, a DTV converter box, and a digital (UHF/VHF) antenna for this to work.

Is this assumption correct?

If so is there a better way to do this all in one or two devices? like a video converter/tuner + antenna? i was looking around google but i just get a lot of advertising for converters or people asking questions about converting a US television to PAL (the opposite of what im looking to do).

Please help, thanks.

-AudioDroid

We are currently using a US PS3 with no issues, so would this work for my needs?

Amazon Tuner Converter

Pinhedd

Distinguished

I think that's correct. The antenna will pick up ATSC, the DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) will convert ATSC to NTSC, and the NTSC to PAL converter should make this compatible with your TV. It's quite a mess though and isn't guaranteed to work. It may be easier to just get a new TV or even see if a local TV repair shop can swap the parts out so that it can be made NTSC compatible.