Samsung Quad-core Galaxy S III Reportedly Just 7mm Thick

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiangyi

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2010
[citation][nom]dragonsqrrl[/nom]So I'm assuming it uses the Tegra 3 right?[/citation]

I think it's more likely that Samsung will use one of it's own Exynos chip, but we never know....

rakesh_toms

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Don't forget battery life in the race for super thinness. Also i hope Samsung put the wolfenson audio DAC back in the galaxy line.

sixdegree

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
7mm thick? I wonder how thin they can go with their mobile platform in the future. I want to see a 0.5 mm thick Galaxy in 2 years time.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Why? I hate small phones that are hard to hold. I also hate these tablets like the iPad that have no grip and make my hands ache trying to grip them. Put some stinking mean on these things, put a nice ridge around the edge you can actually grab on to. I don't get why everyone things smaller and thinner is better. Won't they be easier to break if thinner? Seriously.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
[citation][nom]rakesh_toms[/nom]Don't forget battery life in the race for super thinness. Also i hope Samsung put the wolfenson audio DAC back in the galaxy line.[/citation]

Samsung, give us what we want!!

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
I don't care how thin it is. I want a big battery in my phone and I am getting one, even if I have to go for an aftermarket one. Moto Razr Maxx got the screen wrong and the battery right; Samsung, please do not get the screen right and the battery wrong.
Battery specs are the only thing didn't leak about this phone. Somehow, I don't feel good about it.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]dragonsqrrl[/nom]So I'm assuming it uses the Tegra 3 right?[/citation]
[citation][nom]jiangyi[/nom]I think it's more likely that Samsung will use one of it's own Exynos chip, but we never know....[/citation]

We don't know yet, however, with the Galaxy SII, Samsung intended to use the Exynos but ended up not having enough volume. As a solution, some regions got a Tegra 2-powered SII while others got a version with Samsung's own Exynos. If it can use its own chip, it will, but Samsung isn't obviously opposed to using a competitor's hardware if it needs to.

Filiprino

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
Stop making thinner phones and put bigger batteries, I'd prefer a 9mm phone with bigger battery.

Also, using a quadcore on a smartphone is a stupid thing today.

jack99

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
[citation][nom]Filiprino[/nom]Stop making thinner phones and put bigger batteries, I'd prefer a 9mm phone with bigger battery.Also, using a quadcore on a smartphone is a stupid thing today.[/citation]

Other rumors were that it would sport a bigger battery, but that was months ago. I'm starting to worry we might see decreasing battery life. :/

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Oh dear, battery life will likely suffer so damn much. :\
Stop working on thinner, they are thin enough damn it.

Work on battery life!

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
GSII was praised for it's battery life and Samsung has already said that they were focusing on battery life. I hope that means they are starting with the GSIII. Some of the original GalaxyS phones you could get larger batteries for that came with new bulkier battery covers.

Status
Not open for further replies.