Samsung Reveals ''World's Thinnest Tablets''

Status
Not open for further replies.

peanut_bully

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
I call shenanigans on Samsung's part; it won't be the first time a company has announced a product in a competitive environment at a high price hoping the competition would relax or price their own products too high, just to undercut the competition at release. Nice work though on the quick redesign, seems like the segment is hotting up. Personally though, I have no real use for a tablet so my laptop/smartphone combo will be retained for the foreseeable future. (FYI the 7" Galaxy tab is marketed at around $800 here...)

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]peanut_bully[/nom]I call shenanigans on Samsung's part[/citation]
Yeah, damn them for lowering prices, they should be ashamed
We want out tech overpriced please!

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
As long as it is light weight & lasts a lot longer than their warranty period...In the past the samsung products that I have bought have only lasted just over their warranty period...

TEAMSWITCHER

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
There is nothing about these devices that makes me want to buy one. The iPad 2 will likely cost a bit more, but it has better hardware. Does Samsung really think that they can make it .01 thinner than the iPad 2 and call it a victory? Apple has a proven track record with portable devices - they are the Pixar of portable devices, the Steven Speilberg. Samsung is more like an M. Night Shyamalan.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]Have in mind, that Samsung is selling about 1 million tabs per month (or so it was month ago)[/citation]
No, I think that's 1 billion...

Status
Not open for further replies.