Samsung S Duos(GT-7562) not working after Factory restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj249x

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
??????Recently I factory restored my phone because there were many junk/unwanted apps. When I switch the phone on after factory restoring it, It went to the following screens:
1. Select Language
2. SIM Setup
3. WiFi Setup
4. Date and Time Setup
5. Black screen with only top bar working. (I couldn't scroll it down though)

Is it because the phone was rooted before I factory restored it?
Whenever I tried going to recent apps (hold home button) it showed all the apps that I had before the factory restore and in less than a second it went away. I remember closing all recent apps before factory restoring it.

I even tried tried flashing a ROM with Odin into the phone, but it won't go to Download Mode. It will just go to a Factory Mode. I tried all combinations of the Power Button+Volume Up/&/Down+Home Button, but it will again go to Factory Mode.

Is there any way to install a new ROM without going to Download Mode?

Thanks!

vishnu.vardhan122

Prominent
Aug 12, 2017

the same thing happened to me.i have factory restored my phone from settings a couple of times before and never got this problem.it's the last OTA update that gave me this problem when I reset it. Odin won't go to download mode because the debugging option has to be turned on from the settings which can't be done on a blank screen. I am still looking for a solution but am not optimistic
am trying to downgrade the android version bu using the "update from memory card" option during the hard -reset

Status
Not open for further replies.