Samsung Series 7 Chronos laptop stuck on endless restart loop

KyloErroenous

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
I was trying to wipe the hard drive and install a fresh new Windows 10. Then when the computer restarted there was a constant black screen with a white loading logo. Then i removed the battery and hard drive and installed it again. Then it created an endless loop that started with the samsung logo, then the black screen with white loading logo, ends with a windows download screen saying its at 64% complete. I put a video on youtube attached to this showing the loop. http://

Note: If this problem started after an update (or system reinstall), please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.

Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

KyloErroenous

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
Tried out your solution but it doesn't seem to work. Maybe I have a corrupted windows startup. The only issue is that when the computer boots up it doesn't give me time to access the bios menu. I have a USB drive with the ISO but i cant start it up. Maybe its a faulty hard drive, ill have to buy another drive to test it out.

billshoff

Prominent
Feb 19, 2017
I had this same problem when I tried to install a fresh copy of Win 10 onto a brand new PYN 480gb SSD in my Samsung NP700Z3a. I finally found joy when I partitioned the new SSD and formatted it. Apparently the Win 10 DVD could not do that for me at startup.
Good luck!

mothlight

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017

i have similar prob on my samsung and took it - tech tried everything wont respond to usb boot order even after hdd removal. we thinks its the fast boot. is there any solution to resetting bios manually on the mainboard aka cmos jumpers? im scanning internet found a couple threads but nothing only on how to flash the bios, which wont even be possible if the board doesnt see any devices...
many thanks