Samsung Smart TV cannot see Media Devices

dontenorio

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Hi all,
My Samsung smart TV ( U55- 8500 Series) Has stopped detecting the available media server devices on our network. I have tried to rectify the problem by resetting the TV to factory defaults but this has not resolved the issue. Just wandering if anyone had any ideas ion this or whether anyone has encountered this problem.

Cheers

MeanMachine41

Estimable
May 8, 2014

Hi dontenorio :)

I have a 4k Samsung smart TV and had to submit a support ticket. although for a different problem. It took a while but eventually they came thru. My issue was associated with my PC hook up and browser dropping out.

As your TV is still under Warranty, Submit a ticket to Samsung support or warranty provider and get them to come and replace the WIFI module. Its probably failed or the distance to your router is too far away or the router protocol has changed.
At least a support techo should be able to determine this for you. They will probably put you thru a series of tests.

Hope this helps

dontenorio

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010

dontenorio

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Hi and thanks for the response.
I have had to get support from Samsung once already when an update failed to start Smarthub and we loast all smarthub functionality. All funcitons were operating normally since then (2months ago) and now all network DLNA devices are no longer detected. BTW - our TV is connected via Ethernet so I am not sure that WIFi is the problem.
Fully agree with your suggestion of getting Samsung support involved - thanks. I will follow up and see if I can post any learnings for others.
Cheers

dontenorio

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Well. the support crew followed the usual script and re-loaded the firmware. Unfortunately this has not resolved the issue. All other TVs and devices in the house are able to use the NAS (media server) without incident. The problem is clearly with the Smart TV - so far I know that any storage device directly plugged into the TV works fine, but any I.P. detectable device on the network does not show up unless I reset and then it is present for only half an hour.

If you are able to get to the Internet, watch Netflix, Youtube etc then your basic hookup is fine, and if only DLNA is dropping on you, clearly there is an issue with the TV, unless you have made changes to your DLNA servers and you have failed to disclose that fact.

dontenorio

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
As a matter of fact, I considered there could be issues with the DLNA services from my NAS - So I uninstalled and re-installed with factory defaults even though I already knew it was highly unlikely the problem was emanating from the DLNA server. Why? Because two other TVs in the house play content from the same server flawlessly.
The problem here is clearly with the TV - furthermore, we noticed this problem about 3 weeks ago....it just happens that an upgrade was automatically loaded into the TV by Samsung around 3 weeks ago. hmmm