Samsung Smart TV Network Connection Issue UN60ES8000

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkyst3

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
I'm finding many threads on this site and across the internet regarding network connection issues with Samsung tvs. Unfortunately, I've only found one site which actually discusses the issue I'm having but no solution was found (http://www.experthelp.com/question/726072/have-a-samsung-un60es8000-cannot-get-on-internet-as-soon-as-the-network-come-up-the-tv-rejects-or-get-rid-of-it-the-signal-is-very-strong-just-had-a-commericialwireless-point-installed). The rest of the threads and sites pertain to issues that I'm not experience. So, here is my description of the issue I'm experiencing and I apologize for not using correct language.

I have a Samsung UN60ES8000 that will no longer connect to wireless router. I discovered this by trying to get on Netflix or other app and it gave me network connection error with option to go to network settings. I've had the tv almost 2yrs and has always connected to the same router, which is operating fine and other devices in the house are connected to it without issues. When I go thru Network Settings to re-set up the wireless network, it will search for networks and will only display my network (none of the other wifi networks nearby like it used to) for about 1 second and then the entire menu disappears. 2days ago I called Samsung support who confirmed my firmware is the latest version (version 001056), they had me try manually entering DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 but this did not solve anything as many other threads have said this resolves connection issues. Also, before calling Samsung, I tried to mirror the tv IP settings to reflect those of my laptop or other devices which connect to my wireless network just fine, but this did not work either. Finally, they wanted to try resetting the tv back to factory settings. After doing this and going thru the initial tv setup questions, the tv seemed to find and connect to my network again (don't recall seeing any of the nearby networks on the list though). I was so happy to finally have it fixed! But, the following morning I tried getting on smart hub to listen to Pandora and once again the network connection issue was back. Sure enough it was not connecting, when going thru the network setup it would only display my router (none of the nearby networks) for 1 second (maybe even less) and the entire menu would disappear or close. I tried same steps (manually enter dns and reset tv again), but the network connection failed to show my network after the reset. Also a note on the reset, I noticed the TV says this option will reset the tv to factory settings but network settings will not be affected. Since the network is the issue I'm having, is there a reset option that does reset network connections/settings? I repeated all the steps that Samsung had me do the night before at least a couple times, but still no luck. I don't understand how to get resolved if I have latest version of firmware. I tried downloading the firmware to usb anyways, just to reinstall in case it was corrupt on the tv, but Samsung's website does not have the newest version available for download. They only have version 1054.4 and when I spoke to Samsung two days ago, they said my version (version 1056) is the latest version. I tried downloading the older version (1054.4) anyways at http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN60ES8000FXZA (thinking it would just update to the newest version later), but when I tried updating on the tv, it said no update files could be found on the usb device. This might be a whole other issue and maybe some different attempts may work but I'd rather just try posting online where so many have provided feedback/solutions to similar issues. I don't know why the reset would solve the problem one day, then the next morning it was back to not working and resetting the tv again does not fix the problem like it did the day before.

Just to reiterate the problem and steps I've taken so far - Problem: Won't connect to wifi, network settings menu on tv disappears immediately after searching for networks. Firmware version is 1056, tried manually entering DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (neither worked), then reset tv to factory settings. The reset solved the issue, but was back to not working the following day and no longer works when I try resetting again.

Davo1301

Estimable
Apr 19, 2015
My fix .....
Someone else mentioned it in the post. I reset to factory settings, and connected it wireless again through the basic factory setup instructions. However, it did not connect turned it off and went through factory step up again this time through LAN cable.

It did the same thing and said it could not connect, however when I was prompted to download the latest firmware, it started downloading. The TV went through the whole process and it downloaded the latest firmware which is 2207 and installed it.

However, it did not seem to not work (this still connected to LAN) and it said it did not connect to the network. So I went to MENU>SUPPORT>SOFTWARE UPDATE, and still did not connect. After that I turned off the TV and I turned back on, went to NEXTFLIX and voila! It worked but it was still connected in LAN. So I turned of the TV and did the wireless setup and it worked. I will see if it works tomorrow....

Hope this works

PS it is a samsung issue !!

pics999

Estimable
Apr 19, 2015
Had 2 samsung tv's on my network, I changed the device name of one tv ... solved connection issue..... there was a conflict with 2 devices with the same name on the network.....

ange26

Estimable
Apr 19, 2015
Found this on Cnet. Looks like a Samsung issue that they have to fix. Also called cable company (Time Warner in NC) and they also acknowledged the problem. Guess we just have to be patient.

same issue - New!
by xanthmaster - 4/19/15 2:22 PM
In Reply to: Samsung Smart TV unable to connect to internet (suddenly) by 72gaz
i have the same issue today on my Samsung UN60F Smart TV. I spent an hour on the phone with my ISP, then the store i bought it from (extended warranty) even scheduled a repair. Finally got through on Chat with Samsung support and they said "we are currently experiencing internet connectivity issues related to our Samsung Smart TVs, we are working on the issue" when pressed, they would NOT give any estimate on repair time. I have had no problem at all since i bought it a year ago, this is the first time it did not connect to the internet but does connect to my router. I tried changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4, tried resting the router and the tv to factor specs, tried everthing under the sun but no avail The only Up side of this, I have a repair scheduled for Wednesday (due to extended warranty) but according to Samsung i should cancel it as the issue is on Their end not mine. So, not sure if your issue was resolved or if this is a continuous issue with Samsung tvs but not much more i can do. I dont know how to spoof a DNS, dont know how to change it in my router (its a gigaet SE567 of anyone knows).

ange26

Estimable
Apr 19, 2015
Internet connection working again. Cable co said my modem was offline and they also acknowledged the internet connectivity issue with Samsung smart TVs. They had me unplug modem & router, then plug back in. Solved the issue for us! Seems too simple. Must have coincided with either Samsung or cable co's fix.

mbs6132003

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
Are you still having the issue? If you are then you still need to update the firmware from USB. My guess is that when you extracted the ZIP portion, those contents were not in the right location. Your extract on the USB should be as follows...

root directory
name of zip file
contents

If you do not have the image folder the TV will NOT find the new firmware so as an example...

If you download the file which is called mynewfirmware.zip you need to do the following::

create a new folder on your PC called my newfirmware
extract the zip file to the new folder
when the extract is done you should see a new folder in the mynewfirmware called image

If you go into the image folder you will see all of the firmware files that the TV needs.

If everything looks good copy the entire folder called mynewfirmware to the USB
flash. When it is done you should see the mynewfirmware folder on the USB flash with the image folder in it.

Make certain the the mynewfirmware folder is in the ROOT directory of the USB.

I have seen many posts on the DNS issue on the Samsung Smart TV. Most of them stating to change the DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 That is not a permanent fix.

andybrown1000

Estimable
Apr 19, 2015
EVERYBODY STOP !

If your smart TV has been connecting to the internet, and you have changed nothing, yet it won't connect, probably there is nothing to worry about. Don't waste time with DNS or changing your routers etc, if this has worked for you then well done, but probably a waste of time long term. When you use the samsung hub or test the network what the TV is doing is pinging or sending a message to Samsung HQ. If the guys at Samsung have a problem with their servers and/or they are down for maintenance then we all get a "Not connected" type message. Actually you are connected, which is why you can still do the firmware updates ( must be a different server).

What samsung really need is a message "Sorry Samsung Hub Servers are currently not available - Don't Panic" type message, and not a "no internet access". If anyone from samsung is listening please consider the "what if" when creating your software please. Why not have a website where you can check the service status ?

mbs6132003

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
Are you still having the issue? It's not the HUB, or the router,or DNS, etc. You need to update your firmware. This can be done by downloading the firmware for your model TV thru your PC by using a USB Flash drive. I posted the procedure earlier. I had the issue and it is now permanently fixed. I also had a few friends with the same problem. All are working now. If you have any concerns, reply to this post.

Turbodtec

Estimable
Apr 21, 2015
I contacted Samsung with the same problems you have and they gave me the same line of crap. They said I needed to have my wireless adapter replaced. After hanging up the phone with the tech I performed the "hard factory reset" by powering off the tv then pressing mute-1-8-2-power on then scrolled over to factory reset. This completely reset my tv and OMG... That wireless adapter that the retarded Samsung tech said was broken, magically is unbroken... Anyway, once the TV has been setup, go to your wireless network and select your router and password and you should be good to go. Hope it helps, dude. Matt

jjlovegirl

Estimable
Apr 22, 2015
Same thing happening with mine. I just used the Samsung Chat and they gave me a new DNS number to enter. Then I had to unplug my TV for 60 seconds and then plug it back in. Worked like a charm! I am able to connect now. I have found that their online chat service is very helpful!!

DennisY

Estimable
Apr 19, 2015
None of the suggestions here worked for me except buying and using a WNCE2001. Yes, I tried a different DNS server, tried upgrading the firmware, tried a factory reset (more than once), etc. My TV quit connecting during the Samsung Server Building fire related outage. And it never restored itself. I have the same symptoms as others have reported. Initially, it said it could not connect to the internet but was connected fine to my router. All other wifi devices connected to my router were and are accessing the internet just fine, thank you. This obviously was a symptom of the server building fire, as we now know. Unfortunately, I did not learn of this until the next day. Meanwhile, I upgraded to the latest firmware (that idea sounded suspect and I shouldn't have done so apparently). Since then, the TV has the same symptoms as reported here. Namely, mostly unable to see any wireless routers in the area, including mine. Sometimes it sees it for an instant and then dumps out of that screen. Someone here suggested a solution of using the Netgear WNCE2001 universal adapter. It connects to the ethernet connection on your TV (or other device) and wirelessly connects to your router. I found a good deal on eBay, bought one, and voila! All is well again. I can once again connect to the internet via my Samsung TV. Setup of the WNCE2001 is very easy by the way, and is MUCH more economical than replacing your TV's wireless board (if in fact that has gone bad). I can't find the post here now but whomever mentioned it, Thank You!

donwalk

Estimable
Apr 25, 2015
I went through a lot of grief with Samsung techs. Between my poor hearing and their accents I got nowhere. Today I received the Fire stick I ordered and it works fine. No more problem. Runs about $35 on Amazon.

DennisY

Estimable
Apr 19, 2015
Don, same issue here, solved with the Netgear device. This restored the "smart" to my Samsung SmartTV. The Firestick may do everything you want but if not, I wanted to share again the info about the Netgear adapter. Works great on my Sammy.

Krazykev1

Estimable
Apr 28, 2015

I seem to be having the same issues as everyone else with my UN60ES8000 connecting to the wireless network.. After four calls to tech support, one transferring me to remote diagnostic tech, them telling me to download the latest firmware (1057.0) which was already installed on the TV, them sending me an email to a link to download the firmware (1033) which the link didn't actually work, I finally got one Samsung rep that said they were having issues with their servers, with my model TV and my internet provider (AT&T Uverse). They stated it was a known issue and they were working with AT&T to resolve the issue. They created another ticket and said a level 2 tech would be calling me back within 48 hrs. I would have been ok with them just telling me they were having issues the first go around instead of dragging me through the ringer with all the exercises.. And me having to call back the several times.. Guess we'll see what they say when/if they call..

karlaw123

Estimable
Apr 30, 2015
I had the problem that my smart tv samsung conects to router butbthis does not connect to internet I call my tech and he made me change the dns server manually to 8 8 8 8 and voila it works perfect hopefully this help you !!

davidz112

Estimable
May 1, 2015
I have a Samsung smart TV model no. UN60D8000 I was on the Samsung Website checking to see if any firmware updates were released to resolve the issue and a samsung live chat popped up, so I asked the question there and got it resolved.
I hope this helps, I followed these steps and I am up and running. On you remote do the following.
1. Click Menu
2. Network
2. Network Status (wait for it)
3. IP Settings
4. Change DNS server mode to manual from obtain automatically and enter
208-67-222-222 as the DNS server and press Enter.
5. Now select ok and TV should show connected status.

Thats it I hope this helps.

jtdesign

Estimable
May 4, 2015
Is anyone having problems with their TV powering off after 15-20 seconds? I have a 4k TV and since updating to the latest firm ware last Thursday night (4/30) the TV powers down every 15-20 seconds. Samsung told me they are working on a new update to fix the problem. Haven't seen it yet.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.