Samsung SmartTV Netflix App Soundbar issue

kmon14526

Estimable
Dec 9, 2015
I have a Samsung Smart TV and a Vizio Soundbar. (they are hooked up with a digital optical cable) The Netflix app will not play thru the sound bar but all other apps will. If I watch Netflix on my bluray player, the sound comes thru the soundbar. The bluray player is hooked up to the Smart tv too. Talked to Samsung, Netflix and Vizio - nobody can figure it out.

kmon14526

Estimable
Dec 9, 2015
The soundbar has 5 ports on the back. Subwoofer Out, Digital Optical Audio In, Coaxial In, Analog Audio In (Stereo 3.5 mm) and Analog Audio In (Stero RCA). It came with 3 types of cables: Coaxial Audio, Stero RCA to 3.5 mm Audio, and Digital Optical (the one we are using that works with everything except Netflix).

kmon14526

Estimable
Dec 9, 2015
Yes, I contacted Netflix and they were not helpful at all. They told me to contact Samsung and/or Vizio (which I have talked to also). I couldn't get thru to a technical person at Netflix - the person I spoke with said that they are not technical. He had me change the Netflix sound settings between 5 and 5.1 and neither worked.

If one app works, then the others should as well. So I can't help you troubleshoot a sound issue if there's no issue with the other apps, or at least I'm unable to, maybe someone else can step in and help out. It's odd that Netflix themselves don't know what's going on, but TV's are smart, and bugs aren't uncommon, as not all TV's use the same firmware so it can be tricky. Sorry I couldn't be of any help!

All the best!

tonybucsko

Prominent
Nov 23, 2017
I have had the same issue and it was really bothering me, and this answer solved it! I have a Roku tv and although when you watch other apps you have to switch back to the dolby digital 5.1, but easy switch the pcm and netflix comes through the my klipsch sound system. Awesome thanks for the help!!!

ttexas1959

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017

Please help! What settings and where do I find them?

fireballblp

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018

I checked my settings and turns out my sound was already on PCM but it’s not working. Any ideas?

kathleenze

Prominent
Jan 7, 2018

kathleenze

Prominent
Jan 7, 2018
Ok oafter hours and two sound-bars:
I have Samsung Tv, Vizio soundbar, direct tv and blue ray and using the OPTICAL cable
Go to settings on remote
Choose sound
Choose audio/optical
Go down to expert settings
Choose top as PCM
Just under change where it says Dolby to PCM too
Power off tv and bar for 10 seconds and reboot all.
Check that it stayed in the above settings
Try all devices and keep fingers crossed!

jandjdietrich

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018

We changed the setting, but still no sound through our Visio sound bar. Is your sound at connected into tv or your cable box? Would that make a difference?