Samsung SmartTV Netflix isn't working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bake85

Estimable
Mar 9, 2014
I have a Samsung Model UN55F6300 SmartTV. About 3 days ago Netflix stopped running, and I have not been able to resolve it. When I click on the App, it just goes to a black screen and nothing responds. Any thoughts?

Solution
Try disabling Samsung Instant On. I found it in the general settings. Resetting the Smart Hub didn't fix anything for me, but as soon as I disabled this and powered the tv off and on again the Netflix app immediately launched correctly.

msmutzer

Estimable
Apr 15, 2014

I'm having exactly the same issue on the same TV. Please let me know if you find a solution.

peach_b0mb

Estimable
Jul 21, 2014
Okay. It took a few hours but I found a definite fix... If it doesn't work the first time don't lose hope. The first time I switched from the UK to the US it did not work. I listed reasons why I think it didn't work below. But I went back to the UK settings & loaded everything over again but clicked on Netflix & let it open first this time, then went back to US & it opened perfectly. :)
Also, this works for 2014 models as well.
*All of the edits are from me.
The website I found this hack from originally is at the bottom of this post.

"Here is the fix for everyone with the Samsung Smart TV and Netflix issue. I have had the same issue on my French UE55F7000. Everything worked perfectly fine until suddenly I couldn't open Netflix anymore. The screen would just go black and then back to TV or HDMI.

It seems to be an issue with the latest Netflix update from the US Samsung Smart TV app store.

In order to fix it do this.

1. Go to your Smart Hub and DISABLE "Auto Update Apps". Then Close Smart Hub an go to TV Source.
*(edit: Click menu on your remote>> go to Smart Hub>> Auto Update>> Disable.)

2. Go to Menu -> System -> Setup -> Enter your PIN
*(edit: Menu>> System>> Setup. -I didn't have to enter a PIN.)

3. Go through the Setup Process until you get to the Terms & Conditions Screen.

4. This is for 2013 Models: Hit this Sequence on your remote: Mute, Return, Vol Up, Channel Up, Mute
*(& 2014... maybe other years too)

5. Select a Country that does not support Netflix. ex.) Germany

6. Finish the Setup.

7. Open Smart Hub ... It will uninstall all apps and re-install the German ones (No Netflix).
*(Open it all the way up until you're on the blue screen with the apps that come standard & recommended.)

8. Repeat Steps 2-4.

9. This time select United Kingdom as a Country and finish the Setup.

10. Open Smart Hub and it will install Netflix from the UK Store.
*(This is where I went back a few steps & CLICKED on the Netflix app so it could fully load up before I change it back to US apps... It didn't work when I didn't click the app.)

11. Repeat steps 2-4 again.

12. Now you can select USA and finish the setup once again.

13. When you open the Smart Hub now all the UK Apps will be removed and replaced with the US ones. However Netflix will be untouched and you will still have the UK App but access to US content.
*(Like I said... This didn't work when the Netflix app remained "untouched.">> I took that the wrong way the first time I read it. I guess he meant that the UK Netflix app hasn't been updated like the US Netflix app has.)

14.Make sure that Auto App Update is disable and DON'T update Netflix or you have to go through that whole process again.

15. Enjoy.

It seems like Netflix rolled out the update only for the US App store and the UK App is still untouched. As long as you are running on the older version you will be fine."

*******Anyway. I just got my TV today & my Netflix app didn't work at all when I tried to use it for the first time. I was so upset because Netflix was one of the main reasons I wanted a Smart TV.
Have fun & I hope this works for you all as well.*******

http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/questions/4503054-netflix-stopped-working-black-screen-and-returns?b_id=530

Zenithx

Estimable
Aug 3, 2014
I tried this, but it seems like the UK netflix app has been updated also? I tried to open the UK loaded netflix app and it also gave a blank screen.

Switched to US smart TV apps and tried the netflix app also blank screen...

Now I'm stuck! This is on my new Samsung 65HU8500.

davthewave

Estimable
Aug 6, 2014
Samsung's 2014 4k TVs (in the U.K.) do not have a certificate from Netflix (yet) to run the App
this is what i have been told from Samsung when i phoned them.
i bought the Samsung 55HU8500 five weeks ago hoping to watch House of Cards in 4k but.........

dhavaldesadxb

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
Hi,

I have a 2012 Samsung model. Three steps to fix your Netflix problem:
1. Change to a non-Netflix country eg. Germany. This can be done by hitting >>289<< while smart hub is running.
2. Change to uk
3. Change to us
4.run Netflix and enjoy

Cheers
D

Frankviz

Estimable
Aug 28, 2014
I found a real easy fix:
Just log on to netflix on your computer and log off all devices. Then restart smart hub an log into netflix like new.

Worked ;)

Eliteknyn

Estimable
Sep 1, 2014

Basically I was having the same problem the software update messed up Netflix all you have to do is go and reset your smart hub after it's reset everything will re download onto your TV and you just sign in. Problem solved

Reidy17

Estimable
Sep 1, 2014
Been in touch with Netflix about this, to be told (Live Chat thread below)
Netflix Damian
so I did some checks into this for you and what seems to be happening there is that since with the new update, Samsung has not attached our updated app as well with their update, so once they release that you'll be good to go, as if If you get stuck on the Netflix loading screen when trying to launch Netflix, you may need to refresh some of the Netflix account information stored on your device so you can Click Here for the steps that have helped out many of our customers clear up that loading screen issue in the past

Maurov

Estimable
Sep 3, 2014

I'm having the same issue in a 2014 Curved. It was time when I first used it, but now I'm pretty sure the update was sent to my tv. Your answer is good but is missing the info from your link 'click here' is missing. It's not a live link. Can you add the information? Many thanks

higgs0051

Estimable
Sep 3, 2014

I have the same problem. waiting (hoping) for a solution.

Maurov

Estimable
Sep 3, 2014

Last night I was getting the black screen at launch. My kids just told me that is working now.
Let's hope they just released the fix. Will know more tonight.

username938485719

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014
Try disabling Samsung Instant On. I found it in the general settings. Resetting the Smart Hub didn't fix anything for me, but as soon as I disabled this and powered the tv off and on again the Netflix app immediately launched correctly.

Solution

Loisy009

Estimable
Sep 10, 2014
I disabled samsung instant on and followed your instructions. The netflix app is now working. Thank you so much. Should I enable instant on later? Is this necessary to be enabled?

TechieTexan

Estimable
Sep 15, 2014
Turning the 'Samsung Instant On' to 'Off' fixed this problem for me, and also prevented the TV from switching back to internal speakers from my AV Receiver every time it is turned off and on. Strange - it would turn my receiver on, but wouldn't send it sound signals.

pemoralg

Estimable
Sep 17, 2014
It seems that it is the last update for the Samsung V that is causing this. If you reset the TV to original configuration, you will be able to see Netflix gain... but once you upload the last update for your TV the problem will come back. Samsung should provide an answer to this or a new update that solves this.

Status
Not open for further replies.