Samsung TV Cabling Question, Please

Robert11

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
Hello,

Have a new Samsung HD TV, Model UN40KU6300.
Want to connect a CD Player to it

Regarding the two very short cables that are provided, that go into the TV's "Component In Adapter (Blue)" and the "AV In Adapter (Yellow)":

Nice pix in eManual, but doesn't explain it fully.

There is a Red on each of these short adapter cables.
Which is the Audio Red ?

The CD Player has Green/Red/Blue labeled Video outputs
And Red/White labeled Audio Outputs.

Which goes to which of the short Yellow and Blue cables ?

Much thanks. Am elderly now, so a very specific, detailed explanation would be most appreciated. Thank you very much for the help.

Bob

What you are referring to is a COMPONENT VIDEO hookup.

Samsung manual, under CONNECTING WITH A COMPONENT CABLE,

The BLUE adapter is for audio connection, it should be hooked up to the DVD player AUDIO OUT jacks, TWO RCA connectors, jack color matching is not important.

The YELLOW adapter is for video connection, THREE RCA connectors. Unfortunately the color coding for this connection is not universal. The 3 connectors are labeled Y, Pb/Cb, Pr/Cr (on DVD player), your job is to match these despite potential color mismatch. The 3 jacks on the yellow cable should be coded as follows: Y=Green, Pb/Cb=Blue, Pr/Cr=Red.

So: TV ---> Yellow Adapter Cable ----> Intermediate Patch Cable ----> DVD Player.

Your job is to ignore the colors of the Intermedia Patch Cable, and concentrate on the Color of the Yellow Cable, and the labels on the back of the DVD player.

Hey, old dog needs to learn new tricks too!

What you are referring to is a COMPONENT VIDEO hookup.

Samsung manual, under CONNECTING WITH A COMPONENT CABLE,

The BLUE adapter is for audio connection, it should be hooked up to the DVD player AUDIO OUT jacks, TWO RCA connectors, jack color matching is not important.

The YELLOW adapter is for video connection, THREE RCA connectors. Unfortunately the color coding for this connection is not universal. The 3 connectors are labeled Y, Pb/Cb, Pr/Cr (on DVD player), your job is to match these despite potential color mismatch. The 3 jacks on the yellow cable should be coded as follows: Y=Green, Pb/Cb=Blue, Pr/Cr=Red.

So: TV ---> Yellow Adapter Cable ----> Intermediate Patch Cable ----> DVD Player.

Your job is to ignore the colors of the Intermedia Patch Cable, and concentrate on the Color of the Yellow Cable, and the labels on the back of the DVD player.

Hey, old dog needs to learn new tricks too!

ccampy

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
It sounds like you are mixing component with a composite connection

Composite only has 3 cables
Yellow for video and res and white for audio

Component has 5 cables red blue and green for video and a res and white again for audio this is alao labled as ypbpr on some devices

Nope. I bothered to look up the Sammy manual. This TV comes with some funky adapter cables. The component video portion is matted to an adapter cable which plugs into the TV via a miniature 4-barrels jack, a-la Apple.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 0
H Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 6
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
O Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
N Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
Y Streaming Video & TVs 1