Samsung TV - Curious Flickering after Capacitor Replacement

cupitr

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017
- My Samung LNT4061FX/XAC was showing signs of having blown capacitors (when you turned it on it was just coloured bars, until the TV warmed up and you turned it off and on again, then it would work fine.)

-Replaced blown capacitors, tv worked perfect immediately after replacing them.

-About 2 months later while using the TV, the backlight just started flickering on and off faster and faster until the picture went black. Power cycling did nothing. No bulged capacitors.

-Left tv off for a couple hours and tried again, works perfectly.

TLDR
This is where I'm at now. The tv works fine as long as it hasn't been powered on for a while. If I try to power cycle after it's been on for a while, the backlight (sound still works) will just flicker constantly. If I leave the tv (to cool down?) for a while, it will work afterwards just fine, for however long I use it, until I try to power cycle again.

I'm curious as to what could be causing this problem. Any suggestions/info is much appreciated.

Solution
It might not be the cause of the problem but if you replaced the caps with the same temperature rating they may be failing again. They usually use 85 degree caps so the replacements should be 105 degree.

cupitr

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017

I just used higher rated ones than what was in it previously - I didn't really check to see any exact ratings.

I have looked at them, no bulging. (I know they can also fail without bulging)

cupitr

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017

Thanks, I did try to use higher rated caps as I knew that was an issue. I couldn't say if they were 105 degree or not, though.

I've been using the tv like this for about 4 months now, it barely causes problems, except when I turn it off and want to use it soon after.

The 105 are clearly labeled for the purpose. Unlabeled, 85.

By now all the info on the web should tell you exactly what to get since this is such a known issue, I don't think any of us here can give you more info than what's already out there.