Samsung vs Asus Laptop

jlanier03

Honorable
May 17, 2013
hello - I'm in the market for a laptop and I've somewhat settled on one these two:

Samsung NP510R5E-A01UB

and

Asus Q500A-BSI5N04

From what I see the major differecnes (aside from mfg) is:
backlit keyboard (asus)
dvdrw (asus)
bluetooth (samsung)
Samsung is about a pound less.

Anyone have experience with or thoughts on either of these?

Thanks.

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
I'm a fan of ASUS as I've used their warranty service on my Laptop and GPUs; 10 day turn around time, and that's counting weekends. (mind you I'm close to the service center)

Plus ASUS makes good quality stuff. That said Samsung is pretty good but I've got no experience with them besides my phone.

attk mast3r

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
Idk about asus, looked at some laptops in office depot today and the asus laptops had questionable build quality, the ones i looked at were a lower class $500 one and an 11.6 zenbook, the zenbook was way heavier than it should have been but it had decent build quality. I have an $8 samsung tracphone, samsung rant, samsung galaxy player 3.6, generic samsung headphones, and i can say they all have great quality. samsung is a great company and is really the only one that can compete with apple at the moment. both of those laptops don't have dedicated graphics, depending on the use of the laptop it may be better to get a laptop with 630m+ or 7670m+ if it's for casual gaming the hd 4000 can play the latest games on low fluently and medium-high with maybe some lag here and there.