Samsung Wave: Super AMOLED, 720p, 1GHz CPU

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]JohnnyLucky[/nom]The industry is getting carried away with trying to pack in as many features and applications as possible. What I would like to know is how is the sound quality for a plain old ordinary telephone call?[/citation]
What "sound quality" are you talking about please? I've owned a dozen of phones, not a single one had problems in this regard. And what quality do you expect from say GSM connetion, which is, afair, 14.4kbps?

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
By "Can play 720p" do they mean "screen resolution of 1280x720" or do they mean "can play video that we've arbitrarily determined is the same as 720p at some resolution lower than 1280x720".

IMO - if it's not playing AT 720p resolution... it's not 720p, but it seems that marketing people everywhere disagree.

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
[citation][nom]drksilenc[/nom]jtsx1 why dont u go with a real carrior... sprint better quality all around better phones all around and cheeper service to boot.[/citation]

Sprint user here. Also a non-smartphone user. After having smartphones from the Siemens SX56 all the way up to a 3G iPhone, I just don't care anymore. None of them do what I want, and all are slow. I don't want people bugging me with emails or social network updates every minute. And, if it's really important, they can now just call me, and not leave me to interpret their writing. Amazing shit, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.