Samsung's Home Audio Proprietary Plugs

wamerk

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
I have a Samsung Home Audio All in One system Model#: HT-BD1250T/XAA.

I want to upgrade to 4K 3D Blu-Ray and get a separate Audio Receiver but use my same Samsung speakers. The problem is, the Samsung speakers have this proprietary plug that seems to be just hooked up to standard speaker wires. Can I snip off those wires and convert them to standard RCA plugs?

Here is a picture of the proprietary plug:

http://i66.tinypic.com/20hpwf6.jpg.

I haven't chosen an Audio Receiver yet, but does anyone have any tips in searching for one that will be the most compatible after I potentially convert the wires?

Solution

U can snip all day long but NOT to RCA. RCA=un-amplified signal, which is incompatible with speakers.

Standard output from an audio receiver is typically a 5-way banana, or a spring-type that takes bared wires. BTW the 5-bay banana takes bared wires too, do you don't really have problem, snip away.

U can snip all day long but NOT to RCA. RCA=un-amplified signal, which is incompatible with speakers.

Standard output from an audio receiver is typically a 5-way banana, or a spring-type that takes bared wires. BTW the 5-bay banana takes bared wires too, do you don't really have problem, snip away.

Solution