Samsung's New Phones to Go All Day with One Charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

lassik

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
One day on a mobile; something we rely on, is pretty rubbish. I get roughly 2 days out of mine.

But instead of advancing our battery technology, it seems we're just changing the hardware they're powering...

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
Batteries need to improve, either we have tomorrow's smartphones too early, or smartphones have evolved faster than batteries can

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
[citation][nom]lassik[/nom]One day on a mobile; something we rely on, is pretty rubbish. I get roughly 2 days out of mine.But instead of advancing our battery technology, it seems we're just changing the hardware they're powering...[/citation]

2 days he says hah! ive Seen optimus ones last a week under perfect 2g conditions and used for light talking. Now the same phone used to listen to about 3-4h of mp3 and browsing on the comute to work, wont last the day. I avrg 7-8h of battery life with the ammount of talking i do. Your 2 days dont realy suggest that smartphony of a usage. My old k750 still gets about 4-5days with moderate mp3 and talking.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
iCrap is sure to sue since we all know genius Jobs invented the battery after travelling faster than the speed of light.

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
Batteries do need to improve, we need the next jump in technology - something which apple has a patent for.

My galaxy nexus will last a full day - two mates had the nexus one which required charging. another friend has the galaxy 2 which he can have on for a full day and another two have the iphone 4S which can last the full day. This is all with regular use but not over use (games for a example would kill a battery pretty quick).

Tmanishere

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
I still laugh inside when I see all these portable gadgets people have complaining about battery life. My dumb phone lasts 3 full days without charge, fits comfortably in my pocket, and it doesn't break easily.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
my real requirements are 16 hours so i can charge it before i sleep. btw in 1-2 years batteries culd be 2 times the power. and if you implement the intel magnetic cpu to pull att almost nothing and go to a 3" screen you shuld be able to last a good 7 days of alot of use.

Dyseman

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
My HTC-Amaze 4G (T-Mobile) gets about 18 hours if I use it a little, 10 hours if I actually want to talk on it.

I can remember my cell phones, before they were smart, getting almost a week on a charge. But I'll take the hit in order to do the things I want to be able to do on the run. Just hope ICS will add an hour or two.

G

AHAHAHAHAH

OR HERE IS A THOUGHT-------GET AN IPHONE DUHHHHHHHH!@#@!#$%@#$%

SIMPLE CONCEPT

SORRY ALL ANDROID PHONES SUCK

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]Tmanishere[/nom]I still laugh inside when I see all these portable gadgets people have complaining about battery life. My dumb phone lasts 3 full days without charge, fits comfortably in my pocket, and it doesn't break easily.[/citation]
So, where do you park your horse and buggy?

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
To all people saying their smartphone easily lasts 2+ days, did you read the article ?!
"to last an entire day on a single charge with moderate to heavy usage."

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
What is irritating is people who choose to use cutting-edge technology and then complain about some aspect like battery life, as if somehow it is owed to them. This is the behavior of spoiled children with no appreciation of the amazing things that are afforded to them.

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
Smartphone battery life sucks on every phone.

Period.

iPhones, Androids, whatever. And the bigger the screens get and the faster the CPUs get, the worse it is.

bgaimur

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
How to improve battery life: use CyanogenMod. I get > 36 hours of medium usage per day before I get to 40% battery on my Epic 4g. I got ~~ 10 hours before I ran to the charger on stock.

shardey

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
I charge my iPhone 4 maybe 2-3 times a week. Although no heavy usage, it still provides decent power for my daily usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.