Sanyo 42" lcd won't come out of standby

murdockman

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
Hi all
I have a Sanyo 42" LCD TV model CE42FD 17B it's been working fine but now when you try to turn tv on it stays in standby mode
Have disconnected the power cable and re-connected then turned on power switch (left hand rear looking from front) the green standby light comes on, when I press remote green light goes out for about 2 secs and then returns to standby mode, no matter what I press on remote it returns to standby every time
Looked at power board and main board and no signs of anything burnt or discoloured, I have seen a replacement power board for sale but cannot find the same main board, I did look for board numbers but can only find stickers with loads of numbers on which does not seem to match any I try on internet this board has 4 HDMI and 2 scart plus various rca usb ports on it
Any help would be appreciated thanks

Solution
Sorted the problem out myself, turned out to be the power board that had 3 blown caps, bought a new board from Partmaster UK £47.93 with next day delivery TV now working fine cheaper than buying a new TV

murdockman

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
Sorted the problem out myself, turned out to be the power board that had 3 blown caps, bought a new board from Partmaster UK £47.93 with next day delivery TV now working fine cheaper than buying a new TV

Solution

murdockman

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013

Hi had the same problem with mine I replaced the power board as it had 3 blown caps, if you look at the caps the top will be slightly raised on 1 or more of them, they usually don't discolour or burn just blow upwards, you should notice a cross indent on the top and this will be raised up slightly to a blunt point
I bought a new board from Partmaster UK , and my Sony is still working fine
If you are handy with a solder iron and do it yourself it's the cheapest option but in my case due to my poor eye sight it was cheaper and easier for me to replace the complete board