Solved! Save pandora music to SD on LG Rebel

Aug 27, 2018
I've got a LG Rebel Android 7.0 and keep setting up in the Pandora App AND phone setting for it to save to the SD which, is a SanDisk Ultra 32GB and the Mod edit: keep it clean please keeps saving to the internal memory which is only 16GB.... GRRRR!!!..
Everyone keeps telling me well, you've got to connect it to a PC to set it up... Well, and?.. And?... Crickets..

I'm at the Library now on the PC messing with the stupid thing trying to get this straight.. I've got a little over an hour of time left but, first need a square after messing with this thing before I get back it..

Email> [don't post your email address on the forum]

Thanx.

Solution
You can't get it to save to the card through the phone's "Settings". You would need to change the download location settings in the actual app that you are downloading through. That is the only way. If that option isn't there, or if that app and its service restrict the ability to save to a card rather than the phone itself, then you can't download it directly to the card.

Now even then, if the files are movable, you can use the file manager app on the phone (or install one if there isn't one), or connect the phone to a computer via USB cord and move the files over to the card.

However, again, if the service itself restricts this option (and some do) then there is nothing you can do to move them.
You can't get it to save to the card through the phone's "Settings". You would need to change the download location settings in the actual app that you are downloading through. That is the only way. If that option isn't there, or if that app and its service restrict the ability to save to a card rather than the phone itself, then you can't download it directly to the card.

Now even then, if the files are movable, you can use the file manager app on the phone (or install one if there isn't one), or connect the phone to a computer via USB cord and move the files over to the card.

However, again, if the service itself restricts this option (and some do) then there is nothing you can do to move them.

Solution
Aug 27, 2018

Thanx for the reply mang...

Well in the phone settings when you go to apps and open the Pandora app it has the option to change what storge is used and I do the use SD and it does a transfer process saying it's moving the Pandora app and all media to the card but, guess what... It lies... It must know my ex-wife... I wonder if it's scooping out my bank and investment accounts behind my back as well... I WILL set this MoFo on fire if that's the case...

Part the issue is my dumba$$... I don't know when or why but, I changed the SD from internal storage to removable storage maybe, thinking I was gonna use it in my back up Driod loaded with all my music...

You know how when you put a new SD into your phone it's does the ask prompt how you want to use it as internal or removeable storage...

I asked a few phone store tards if I just bought a new SD I'd be set and they're all oh no if that one don't work a new one won't either... Me doth do protest...

I'm NOT buying a $1k phone with how hard I am on shizz and my work field.
I'm a Union painter w/local#1199 for the last 18yr and was a carpenter w/local #97 5yrs before that.
My phones are ALWAYS getting hella dirty (I do a weekly deep clean), getting dropped, taking a hit in my pocket and yeah my and my tough southern Irish temperament it ticks me off it gets pitched... I think I have maybe less than 3mths on this one so, maybe just time for a new one...

I WAS a iPhone fella but, went through a tornado of a divorce and let her steal near 7fig of accounts and assats and just used burners every month the last 5yrs wit what I was doing AND after I got out the Fed's on my 18th bit went Android and Mang... Microsoft jumped Apple way the F over with the OS development and interface...
Besides this SD issue, I love these Droid's...
Now if anyone knows how to flip Google maps around so it's not displaying the map upside down please educate me...
That drives me bats!!!..
Uh, in Rangers we didn't plot our line of rake from the map backwards .. WTF Google!?!?

Sorry for the long post.... Was waiting for one of my girls to hit me back and she just did so... Well, you know...

Lates>

Hard on phones. I have a kid (grown kid) like that. Yep, finally convinced them to not buy expensive ones if going to just wind up with a new one in a few months. Go by specs, capabilities and durability, not cost is what I say. I am the opposite. I rarely kill a phone. LOL

Alas, making the card the standard "External" storage is great for a lot of things, just not apps. So that app may be 'seeing' the card incorrectly now. You could try backing up the music, then uninstall the app, restart the phone (turn it off and back on) then reinstall the app and put the music back. That may resolve it if it is the app having a conflict.

Aug 27, 2018
Yeah, thank you but, I HAVE done the remove, reinstall, set-up and EVERY trick I know a OBNOXIOUS amount of times.. AND having to re-download ALL my shizz.
Which, I do have two double major bachlor degrees I earned in 3yrs AND my two Union degrees AND a 151 Stanford score so, no clueless dummy here...

Really pisses my the F@&$ off when you do all the proper steps and it still sideways... JFC!!!

From my fourm combing I really peg it on LG'S hidden OS they tag on... Much like Samsung, HTC, ZTE, Huawei and others not worth giving them free press...

PMF's MoFo 2018 and shizz DON'T WORK!!!...

Over a decade ago the NTSC#2 shizz I used to statch off eBay from the JDM was STUPID SOILD!!..

This stuff these days is so dead in a month it's sad...