Solved! Saving files to a usb stick

peteramd

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
I have a 125Gb USB3 memory stick and an OTG cable to my Pixel3a smartphone. The smartphone won't recognize the USB device, it asks me to allow to format it. Once formatted by the Android device I can indeed transfer files to and from the device. However the format created is FAT32 meaning I can't transfer anything above 2Gb. If I format the USB device as NTFS on my PC it's not accepted by the smartphone. Seems strange that a smartphone running on the latest Android 11 should not be able to handle NTFS formatted devices. Any idea please ?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
geewhoami Android Smartphones 1
A Android Smartphones 0
S Android Smartphones 0
I Android Smartphones 1
W Android Smartphones 0
G Android Smartphones 6
Radheram Android Smartphones 1
Adam torres Android Smartphones 4
T Android Smartphones 3
L Android Smartphones 1
E Android Smartphones 1
A Android Smartphones 4
A Android Smartphones 1
S Android Smartphones 10
N Android Smartphones 1
L Android Smartphones 1
A Android Smartphones 1
S Android Smartphones 3
L Android Smartphones 1
D Android Smartphones 6
Similar threads
Solved! Galaxy A11: Cannot find setting to auto save videos/images to SD card:
Question Aspera Jazz - How to set Photo Save Location?
Question How do I fix my Camera stopped storing pictures, just clicks but does not save picture ZTE Blade ZMAX 982?
Solved! Factory reset on S8, am I able to save all shortcuts?
Question Can't save pics from Facebook to my phone anymore
Question How do I open pics/vids saved in a Private Gallery via an app that were saved to a Micro SD card?
Solved! mobile wifi saved but not connecting
Solved! I lost my android phone and i have imoortan numbers in ther saved on my ohone how can i retrive.it if posible
Solved! Apps and all downloads saved to Internal storage and not across shared (formatted) SD card
Solved! Can i save files to SD card and then delete them on my phone
Solved! Nokia 3 memory is full and don't turn on how to save my files?
Lg g5 can't save new pictures to an SD file.
An App To Save A Text File To The SD Card?
i have the samsung j7. i am wanting all downloaded pdf and pes files to be saved on the memory card rather than in my phone.
I have saved some music files to 'internal storage' on mt Alcatel pixi 4. I can see the files but they wont play
Solved! can I delete photos from my file if they are saved on my sd card? I have a grand prime phone
Can't save any file in my phone,what shall I do?
Transfer/Convert Saved Pages from Browser into/to Text Files
samsung galaxy sd card problems, apps wont work once moved, nothing will save, a lot of foreign language files on my sd card
Saving Data from an Android

ASK THE COMMUNITY