Scientists Develop Software to Animate Face Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
Apple has a Copyright on "Face", "Lifelike" and the letter "i". So this is not likely to survive an assault from Apple's legal team.

K-zon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Would say just to say animate with multi-images, sense one image isnt two. But to have a program for it is probably fairly nefty. Sense only one image finds its place more then more, but still even then why that is, is hard saying. Sometimes one is all you need or more then enough, just if it only was for something that could be said as more for more.

Reasons of interest probably do very of course. But to say there is something finally out there for a use on the idea is nice, yes?

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
[citation][nom]bv90andy[/nom]Only problem is, "face" is copyrighted by Mr. Mark[/citation]
Hi, nice to meet you. I guess I am going to have to file a lawsuit ;)

Handle is RabidFace and my name is Mark :)

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Zagen30

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
[citation][nom]Horhe[/nom]Harry Potter![/citation]

That's what I thought when I read the headline. Clark's Third Law rears its head again...

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
That's cool, but a bit scary. Imagine a world where ill-intended people would be able to build a fake video of you commiting a crime, or something in the like. With enough source material, we would be nothing more than animated puppets.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Many here are missing the point of this software - and the misleading title doesn't help. The purpose isn't to take a still photo and animate it, as in harry potter. It is to be able to take a candid photo of someone (say in an airport) and modify whatever goofy expression they have and resolve it to match some other goofy photo they have of the same person.

Status
Not open for further replies.