Screen color temperature I think ?

Andrelouis58

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017
So my laptop screen today suddenly changed its color temperature I think ? It turns a LITTLE BIT blue ,it's not blue tint. So I opened the Asus splendid utility , i clicked on "Normal" and it changed to normal color and then i restarted my laptop to see if the problem is solved or not. But it's solved still a little bit blue. So i uninstalled the asus splendid utility and then restarted again and nothing happens ,still with the same problem. Can u guys help me ?

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
have you adjusted colors in the nvidia settings?

have you connected a external tv or monitor? does it happen there too?

it sounds like a setting, if it doesn't happen on external monitors, surely is a color setting you applied on the screen or in the nvidia control center

nvidia-control-panel-color-adjustment.png

Andrelouis58

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017

never adjusted anything in nvidia settings

and im not connected to any of those. i dont know if it happen there or not.

Thanks for your help man but my Nvidia Control Panel only has "3D Settings" option

Andrelouis58

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017

I have updated my Nvidia driver to the latest one. Thanks for your help man , I'll try it tomorrow

Andrelouis58

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017

Sir, i've tried it out. But nothing happens. I have to open my asus splendid utility first and re-click the normal button to make my screen color turn normal. It's really annoying. Can you help me with another solution ?

Apr 3, 2018
That problem is due to Asus Splendid Utility. It's a useless application from Asus.
You can do any of the two things :

1. Play your games in border less windowed mode.
or
2. Extract the Asus Splendid ICM profile from the program files folder, uninstall Splendid and manually apply the color profile as your default display settings.

saad_

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012

Any idea where these files are? I deleted the program before reinstalling it but there doesn't seem to be a specific folder for the ICM profile.

All I get is this weird situation where having the program on or running makes things too yellow and turning it off or deleting it makes things too blue!

May 28, 2018
open your slendid utlil , then click my profile button , in color temperature range , switch to 5700K , actually depends your eyes you can make it from 5500k to maximum 6500k ( blueish ) , for my eyes i pick 5700K and it looks ok . After that press OK ( the green check mark ) , That's it every restart splendid ultil will remember the my profile .
I am afraid that you must stick with slendid utlil for lifetime , dont uninstall and dont just disable it from startup programs list .