George Lazu

Estimable
Aug 27, 2014
Hello, i just opened up an old tablet, a Serioux S800 TAB, it's not a good tablet, but i thought i might have some fun opening it up.

The tablet has a broken touchscreen and the LCD screen is not broken, but does not work. Upon looking on the motherboard, i found why the screen was not on:

CAFOw4H.jpg

UsACj7B.jpg

This little connector is from the LCD screen, and i am asking you guys, there is any way to repair it?

This is a tiny ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) connector. It is disengaged by sliding away two tabs at the ends of the connector. Sometimes these tabs will break if disengaging is attempted any other way. You can try carefully connecting the cable and then sliding whatever is remaining of the slider part in order to keep it secure. Then use some adhesive tape and tape it in place. Replacing the ZIF connector is usually not a viable option.

George Lazu

Estimable
Aug 27, 2014

If the screen cannot be used anymore, is there anything i could use the motherboard for? I connected a power cable to it and long-pressed the on button, and the motherboard heats up, so it is working.

Definitely good for spare parts, but when and where would you need them? I cannot think of any other uses.