Screen Flickering Problem, Backlight maybe? Not sure... Please Help...

andJusticeForAll

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
Hi guys,
I have Acer Aspire V5-573G-54208G50aii Notebook with AUO12ED, IPS screen.
Exact specs can be found here:Review Acer Aspire V5-573G-54208G50aii Notebook

The Problem can be seen in the video.
Screen issue v5 573g

First i thought it should be inverter.
Then i learned there isn't any inverter on Ips screens. It's possibly not the cable also, there is a green board under the place i press my finger in the video, should i remove the black tape and check it?

When i put screen the right position and when the flickering stops, actually its not stopping.
Only noticeable with naked eye, but still continues flcikering.
Because of that, i also record this video.
Flickering area has a different color.
Screen issue v5 573g 2

Close-Look of my screen
Any comment will be highly appreciated...
Thank you.

Solution
Well, were it me I would be leaning towards either the ribbon cable or the display itself.

The only way to know for sure is to check them. I would (just be careful) Disconnect the ribbon cable and then reconnect it to see if that resolves the problem.

If not, try turning off the laptop, connect an external monitor, turn on the external monitor and then turn on the laptop.

Does the problem happen on the external monitor? I expect it won't, but if it does, then the problem is going to be the graphics card/GPU.

If it doesn't happen on the external monitor, I would look at replacing the display.

NOTE: If the device is under warranty, before doing any work, contact the manufacturer to see if they can repair/replace it for you.
Well, were it me I would be leaning towards either the ribbon cable or the display itself.

The only way to know for sure is to check them. I would (just be careful) Disconnect the ribbon cable and then reconnect it to see if that resolves the problem.

If not, try turning off the laptop, connect an external monitor, turn on the external monitor and then turn on the laptop.

Does the problem happen on the external monitor? I expect it won't, but if it does, then the problem is going to be the graphics card/GPU.

If it doesn't happen on the external monitor, I would look at replacing the display.

NOTE: If the device is under warranty, before doing any work, contact the manufacturer to see if they can repair/replace it for you.

Solution