Solved! Screen goes black when driver is installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregar033

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017
Hey there,

I have an acer 5742g laptop, with amd 6370m. I have two problems here.

First one is, when there is no graphics driver installed, or wrong driver is installed. The laptop boots up with no display(i need to connect it to external monitor, for me to configure the drivers). So i solved this when i updated the driver on device manager.

Second one is, im encountering a blue screen error, atikmdag.sys whenever it boots, So I ran the laptop into safemode, uninstalled the graphics driver, then the startup goes well(but the laptop has no display like i mentioned in my first problem),.my big problem is, whenever i install a graphics card driver, the screen goes black, even when windows tries to update the driver, it goes black, waited but nothing happened.. And then it shows blue screen error again on startup.i tried solving it with the solution expanding the atikmdag.sys or sometin, but nothin worked..

Could this be a failed gpu?
Could i just use the laptop, even without a graphics driver, but has a display?

Solution
first of all,, you check in the device manager that it showing your graphic adapter or not?(amd)
2nd check amd driver by autoamtic detection for your gpu
3rd do a clean format of your os including all drive and try installing amd driver.if failed or black screen comes again you unistall it and install intel hd driver maually dont install amd driver.your i3 processor having intel hd 3000 i think. if it works fine and no blue screen issue then it sure your amd gpu is faulty
have a try!!

Vishudh ms

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
first of all,, you check in the device manager that it showing your graphic adapter or not?(amd)
2nd check amd driver by autoamtic detection for your gpu
3rd do a clean format of your os including all drive and try installing amd driver.if failed or black screen comes again you unistall it and install intel hd driver maually dont install amd driver.your i3 processor having intel hd 3000 i think. if it works fine and no blue screen issue then it sure your amd gpu is faulty
have a try!!

Solution

flipsyde

Prominent
Apr 7, 2017
I had the same issue. The GPU is probably fried. You can still login using safe mode, download and use DDU to remove your AMD drivers completely and continue using your laptop with MBDD (limited functionality)

Vishudh ms

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
did you tried what I told in earlier post?? my old laptop dell inspiron 7520 got hd 7730m which became faulty. But chip level service in my town successfully did replacement of gpu without changing motherboard .hence I saved money!!

gregar033

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017

my laptop's screen is black, without an amd driver installed.. What should i do? I can only see what's happening when i connect it to a monitor.. I still wanna use it even without gpu support

Status
Not open for further replies.