Screen goes blank right before login screen

Fred_8

Estimable
Nov 27, 2015
Hi,yesterday my laptop gave me the error"display driver stopped working but has recovered" twice last night and this morning something weird has been happening, whenever I turn it on it boots, shows the windows logo but right before the login screen the screen just dies, ie, zero image,not even a black screen, while the computer is still working.

I've lurked around online and tried chkdsk which told me there were some errors but I couldn't fix them, not even with the /f command, and bootrec/fixmbr, which also didn't help.

I've also tried to boot in safe mode but the options required to do so through the windows disc aren't available on mine for some reason, but I can see and use every other option.

Closing the screen and lifting again also does nothing.

My laptop is a Toshiba satellite, windows 10, amd 7600m, don't know many more specs right now, will get later if you need.

Any ideas?

Solution
Found the solution. I plugged my HDMI cable to the laptop, still nothing, but when I pressed Fn + F4( to alternate between screens) straightaway my screen gained lige

Fred_8

Estimable
Nov 27, 2015
Found the solution. I plugged my HDMI cable to the laptop, still nothing, but when I pressed Fn + F4( to alternate between screens) straightaway my screen gained lige

Solution