Screen remains black for gateway p-7805u FX

I PewPew U Too

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013
Hi All,

My screen recently went out on my gateway p-7805u FX.

It hooks up fine to monitors via HDMI and runs fine but the screen on the laptop remains black. However, when you shine a light at an angle on the screen you can faintly see the desktop and images. I was led to believe it was the LCD inverter. However, when I replaced that, the screen still does not work.

Does anyone have any ideas for what to do next? Early thanks for all the help!

mironso

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013
Try checking lamps that gives you light to see your monitor. Your monitor is working but there is no light from background to see what's on monitor.

I PewPew U Too

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013

Thanks for the suggestion. Before I take apart the entire LCD screen and case. How can I fidn out if the LCD inverter i purchased just isn't a defective one?

mironso

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013
You have 2 options:
1) Put both inverters into same LCD type (that works for sure) and test them.

2) Measure input and output. Watch for voltage.

gibbon22

Estimable
Mar 23, 2014

This is a known issue with the gateway p-7805u. The video card heat is shutting down your screen, but not actually shutting down the computer. I have the same machine. Drives me batty.

See this thread for a some fixes:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/gateway-emachines/419939-gateway-p-7811-fx-crashing-issue.html

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 4
D Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 4
Z Laptop Tech Support 5
L Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 3