Screen won't light up after disassembly

jtcarlto

Estimable
Aug 27, 2014
My HP Envy dv6 7245us had a broken cooling fan, so I purchased one off eBay. After installation and putting the laptop back together (best attempt) the screen no longer lights up. This wasn't an issue before. I am guessing I forget to re-plug in some cord ...does anyone know which cord controls this function? I have an HP manual that I used in disassembly, so if anyone knows the name of this cord and in what stage it's reconnected (i.e. system board) that would be of great help. Thanks a bunch!!! -Jeff

jtcarlto

Estimable
Aug 27, 2014
I can but that really wouldn't help me? I am just curious if anyone knows the cord that controls the screen turning on.

The laptop is currently "together" but obvi I forget to plug something in since the monitor has no light.

jtcarlto

Estimable
Aug 27, 2014

Thanks Jared. Obvi I f*ed something up ...I wonder what it could be? ...

jtcarlto

Estimable
Aug 27, 2014

I can but that really wouldn't help me? I am just curious if anyone knows the cord that controls the screen turning on.

The laptop is currently "together" but obvi I forget to plug something in since the monitor has no light.

DarkRiddles

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013

I'm a computer geek, But I couldn't tell you what each cord was if my life dependent on it. so the picture helps me find what's wrong