SD card for Phone Won't format

Status
Not open for further replies.

KittyKat

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2010
Hello,
My SD card for my phone won't format on my Windows 7 Toshiba Computer, I just bought it and for some reason it's not working, can someone please help me and tell me what to do?

KittyKat

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2010
I put in the SD card and it pops up saying Windows needs to Format it, so I click on format and it says, "Windows was unable to complete the format". I've tried it in NTFS as well but it still does the same thing. It's a Micro SD card that goes into a phone so I can put music, pictures and video on the phone, but it wont let me format. It's a PNY Micro SD card.

miwanuma

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010

Try formatting it on the phone itself most phones have a format tool on them...

KittyKat

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2010
I cannot format it from my phone, there is no where to format it on there. I still just can't figure it out. Are there any other ways I could try and format it on my computer??

miwanuma

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010

What kind of phone do you have??

KittyKat

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2010

It's a Seek from Boost Mobile, but that doesn't matter, the card isn't formatting on my computer so there's something wrong with that.

miwanuma

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010

This would be another thought have you tried to format on another computer to see if the card is bad? If it does not format on different computer then you know it's bad (card)

KittyKat

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2010
I haven't tried to format it on another computer, don't have one to try it on. I didn't know there was a security lock, I just took it off, now I'm getting the new Message "The disk is write protected." what does that mean?

miwanuma

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010

So I think the best way at this point to change back the switch and try on another computer to see if you can format. If you can't on a different comp then its the card. (probaly bad)

sukilala696

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2011
I've got the exact same problem with my "1 gig Toshiba MICRO SD card" for my phone also. It won't allow me to format it on my phone OR my Windows vista home premium computer. I don't understand why this is happening, i use to be able to insert the card in to computer with no problems at all and add/remove data from it as i wish...

Status
Not open for further replies.