SD card lock slider left inside camera's card slot

Dec 31, 2018
Please help! SOS!

I was taking the sd card out from Fujifilm XT 1 and it was stuck in the middle, then when I finally took it out, i realized the lock slider is gone. I tried different cards but they all now read as protected card. Is there some easy way to fix this?? (Please please please don't become an expensive paperweight on the last day of 2018 T_T)

Thank you!

Dec 31, 2018
Hmmm....I think it was on. The situation was like this, I turned on the camera, the screen said protected card, so I opened the card slot and press it, it came out a bit as usual but got stuck when I tried to pull it out. I tried turn on/off, back and forth struggled a few times and finally took it out. The slider is gone at this point. This SD card does has a loose slider, and it has been a few times when I insert it and the screen would read protected card.

vincentneo

Great
Dec 25, 2018

Here's my guess: the broken lock slider is latched inside of the mechanism that camera, as it is usually piece of metal mechanism inside the slot that provides information to the camera on whether if the sd card has the lock engaged. You could try dislodging the plastic I guess? Else it might be a hefty repair job in the service centre because they could charge the astronomical prices.

Hope this helps.

Dec 31, 2018

Yes, that's what I think too.....I tried to look into the card slot but see the slider. If it is really there, it may be inside the gap....*sigh*
I took a photo:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kSWzYfObLo18WpdNJ1gpczQIjfgstWlz

Dec 31, 2018

Yes I did.

vincentneo

Great
Dec 25, 2018

Hmm that grey plastic do kinda look like a sd card protection slider...

USAFRet

Illustrious
Hard to tell, but you have some other stuff going on in that slot:
kCBq7Na.png

Dec 31, 2018

Thanks for your help!! It's hard to tell from photo, but that "grey" bit is metal