SD card question

Haven Strange

Honorable
Apr 26, 2013
I just upgraded my old Android micro sd (mine was 2 GB) to a 64 GB. I copied all the files from my old one onto my computer, then moved them to the new card. My phone still says there is insufficient room on the device! Help please!

ittimjones

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
there is storage both in the phone by itself, and on the SD card. Move data from the phone to the SD card.

If you root the phone, you can install applications that will allow you to move apps from the internal storage (where all apps get installed) to the SD card (where you have MUCH more free space)

You can move photos, music, videos, and other similar files to the card, but w/o rooting, you can't move apps to the SD card...

ittimjones

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012

If you have to ask that, than it's not for you. Honestly... It'll void ur warranty, cause it's basically hacking the phone's code to allow you to bypass safeguards, so that you can run whatever you want on the phone. There's more to it than that, but that's the simple version. (You can find out how exactly to do it by googling something like "<phone_model> root instructions" and looking for youtube walkthroughs.)

But, you should probably stay away from it...

Not much else I can tell you other than go through ur phone's settings and see if there is any way to start saving photos, videos, recordings, etc. directly to the SD card. And move ur existing data from the phone to the SD card...

ittimjones

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012

Because ur internal storage is probably full.

Internal storage is the storage that ur phone has on it's own. The SD card is added storage.

That's why I said to move stuff from ur phone's internal storage to the SD card - to free up space on ur internal storage...

Haven Strange

Honorable
Apr 26, 2013
If you have to ask that, than it's not for you. Honestly... It'll void ur warranty, cause it's basically hacking the phone's code to allow you to bypass safeguards, so that you can run whatever you want on the phone. There's more to it than that, but that's the simple version. (You can find out how exactly to do it by googling something like "<phone_model> root instructions" and looking for youtube walkthroughs.)

But, you should probably stay away from it...

I appreciate your replies ittimjones

I took care of that with a month to month no contract and won android

But thanks for your assistance ;)