Sd card to usb direct using win32 imager

stevemiltown

Prominent
Feb 17, 2017
Is it possible to transfer files from an sd card to my usb stick directly using win32 imager as I don't have enough space on my hard drive and want to back up the card

Thanks

Solution
You shouldn't need anything special to do this.

First, if the SD card is from a phone, camera, tablet, etc., Leave it in the device while you make the change. Taking SD cards in and out of devices does nothing but damage them.

Once the card is in its original device, you can connect that device to the computer via USB cord and connect your USB stick to the computer as well (will have to have more than one USB port obviously). Open the device (where the SD card is) on the computer as a folder and do the same for the USB stick. Then just move the info from one to the other.

You can do the same with just the card attached to the computer (if you have a SD card port on the laptop) but again, it is always best to leave the card in its...
You shouldn't need anything special to do this.

First, if the SD card is from a phone, camera, tablet, etc., Leave it in the device while you make the change. Taking SD cards in and out of devices does nothing but damage them.

Once the card is in its original device, you can connect that device to the computer via USB cord and connect your USB stick to the computer as well (will have to have more than one USB port obviously). Open the device (where the SD card is) on the computer as a folder and do the same for the USB stick. Then just move the info from one to the other.

You can do the same with just the card attached to the computer (if you have a SD card port on the laptop) but again, it is always best to leave the card in its original device.

Solution