SD card with only show partial picture.

michelle_lamar96

Prominent
Aug 14, 2017
When I put my SD card into a card reader and insert into a computer, I can only see partial pictures. There may be a small strip of the picture at the top of the screen the rest of the picture is covered with a solid grey (color varies from picture to picture) color. When I place the SD card back in the camera the picture is there and whole. It is not every picture that is affected, but most are. Please help!!!! Michelle

Solution
You can try an alternative program for viewing your pictures. Windows should know how to open most picture files, but if you saved some of the pictures as different file types/different extensions, I recommend downloading and installing FastStone or IrfanView. Both are free programs for managing pictures.

If those programs don't display your pictures either, the problem could be with the SD card reader on the computer.
You can try an alternative program for viewing your pictures. Windows should know how to open most picture files, but if you saved some of the pictures as different file types/different extensions, I recommend downloading and installing FastStone or IrfanView. Both are free programs for managing pictures.

If those programs don't display your pictures either, the problem could be with the SD card reader on the computer.

Solution